Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project Bumble Beat

It's all just ideas being thrown around at the moment. Nothing's been set in concrete.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you study? I've applied to study motorsport at Derby university next year. Which course did you do? How would you rate it? Were they helpful to you/help you with problems?

I went to Sheffield and studied Mechanical Engineering several years ago. We entered one of the first Formula Student competitions, which is an amazing event. At Sheffield, they didn't really have motorsport experts there, so I relied on my own research.

The ultimate bible of race car vehicle dynamics is by Milliken & Milliken. They did the calculations for that stunt in the Bond film where the car jumps over the twisted broken bridge whilst rolling along its axis. That must have been a fun calc... Very technical, 1000 pages, but a bit steep though.

Good luck with your studies.

Many thanks Bruce, now I know who to annoy with suspension questions

Derby have offered me a place for next year now, which I've accepted apparently I'll be only the 3rd girl to study with them which could be interesting but it's what I expected anyway in a typically male dominated industry.

www.leopardperformance.com/ProjectBB/

Not much left now lol

Click the link above for more photos

Beautiful.
    Have you considered locating a 'half' round, open top, steering wheel to solve the gauge visability issue? Anyone with a source?

What is planned to address the calculated torsion effects upon the steetmetal chassis? Tubular primary from rear to front with diagonals in the floor? Or a cage? Cool, if when complete, the outside appearance - it's a sleeper. So you can just look over at a light and smile at the kid who revs his toy. Then wave bye-bye.

Incomplete non circular steering wheels are not legal here.

It's going to be a mix of armour coating the chassis and a roll cage

Em

Regarding your comment in your blog about wiring diagrams.

Download English wiring diagram http://www.manser42.freeserve.co.uk/Beat.zip here

HTH
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

Awesome Steve, thank you so much

That's very very kind of you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12