Thread: Everyone selling up?

Everyone selling up?

What is it at the moment with everyone selling their Beats?
    When I was looking for one last year there was nothing about, there's 6 on Fleabay at the mo.

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>
    >>>gone, but not forgotten<<<

Best time to sell them (being convertible) is when the sun comes out and people start thinking "i'd really like a convertible in this weather" ha ha

I'd imagine the rise in the cost of living here now also forces the sale of any second, or weekend cars.

Yep, I'm with WL on this one....

This is the best time of year to sell convertibles, no-one much interested in the idea during poor weather seasons.

Also, bit of a financial downturn for many so people's luxury items are the first to go when the chips are down.

Things are a bit tight here too, but our 'Brhonda' won't be going....in fact Mylee, we took her to Fenn Corner this morning for her cam-belt change and service - pick her up on Wednesday I hope.

Never seen so many for sale at one time. Interesting to see what they make considering there are so many. Someone may get a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy V View Post
    Yep, I'm with WL on this one....

This is the best time of year to sell convertibles, no-one much interested in the idea during poor weather seasons.

Also, bit of a financial downturn for many so people's luxury items are the first to go when the chips are down.

Things are a bit tight here too, but our 'Brhonda' won't be going....in fact Mylee, we took her to Fenn Corner this morning for her cam-belt change and service - pick her up on Wednesday I hope.

I saw it there today Andy, went down and booked mine in for the steering rack change.
    It looks really nice, the roof is in fantastic condition - looks original? Makes me wish I'd waited and found a nice red example.

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>

As far as I know the roof is original.

Once we've got her back she'll be polished up again.

Ought to do something about the wheels sometime, they weren't in great condition when we bought her and have only deteriorated since - and they're not much better when cleaned up. We do have a set of original Beat wheels in the garage too which I might put on instead sometime.

I'm very relieved to be having the belt done at long last - we've had her for almost 5 years now and this is the first time in our ownership.

never will I sell my 2, at this rate 1 of them wont see the road anytime soon lol
    Honda Beat for time to get away from stress and the big bad world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    never will I sell my 2, at this rate 1 of them wont see the road anytime soon lol

Ours is a keeper also. I'd rather sell an organ than get rid of ours after all I've done to it.

re the quantity of Beats for sale:

I push the Beat agressively and yet aside from typ maintenance costs, I am continually amazed at the dependability or use without issue. Here, the fuel costs are approaching triple increase since 2001. Yes, there are other newer fuel efficent options. But I fail to locate one with the same level of 'fun' factor at twice or 3 times the price (Granted, you guys have more options).

Suggestion: if you got the dough and the price is right, buy a 2nd and 3rd Beat and cocoon them for later use or for sale. I received a few bucks from the local Honda Dealer and stereo store for letting them park the toy in their showrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylee View Post
    I saw it there today Andy, went down and booked mine in for the steering rack change.
    Thank-you for a good recommendation, collected her this afternoon. Your man Cliff seems a top chap.

He suggested 'Spit and Polish' in Tonbridge for getting our wheels back in good nick so I might be trying them out too.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy V View Post
    Thank-you for a good recommendation, collected her this afternoon. Your man Cliff seems a top chap.

He suggested 'Spit and Polish' in Tonbridge for getting our wheels back in good nick so I might be trying them out too.

Your welcome Andy, I hope you found him as accommodating as I'd previously suggested. The premisses is awful really, but I don't trust anyone with any of our cars except Cliff. Really honest, tells it as it is and you won't see your car being thrushed up the road cos it looks like it's 'fun' to drive.
    I had my Beat wheels done at Spit and Polish and they are superb, cost about £45 a wheel plus the dreaded.
    I'm glad all went well.

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>