Thread: Seeking driver's side rear quarter panel - Help!

Seeking driver's side rear quarter panel - Help!

G'day there. Someone ran into my poor little Beat on the way home from work & it's now at the crash repairer. Honda Australia can supply all the parts except the driver's side rear quarter panel, which they say is unavailable. Given the extent of damage to the existing panel, the crash repairers are telling me that it will probably be a total loss, due to the amout of labour required to reshape the existing panel. I can't let this happen to my poor Beat for the want of a single panel. If anyone knows (firstly) whether this panel is still available new somewhere in the world, or where I might source a used one, I'd be eternally grateful, as would my Beat.

Thanks,

Karl.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	1524  

Ouch. Sorry to see this Karl. I had no trouble getting rear quarters for my restoration through a UK dealer. The guys I use are very helpful, give them a ring on +44 1266704944.

try here

I once started a search for part in Oz, the closest I got was a site autoparts.com.au, you can access over 500 wreckers, they will contact you if they have any parts, there were a few responses, you never know your luck!!

Cheers

Oz

The part number for that rear quarter panel is 04636-SS1-300ZZ.

Its a weld on panel so it would be pretty difficult to use a used part, would take a lot of work getting the old one off in a useable state.
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

Thanks everyone, you've given me some good pointers to get started on my search. Beardo, do you have the name of the dealership you worked with? I thought I might try emailing them first, & save myself an international phone call.

Last edited by marcair; 17-05-2008 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlInAus View Post
    Thanks everyone, you've given me some good pointers to get started on my search. Beardo, do you have the name of the dealership you worked with? I thought I might try emailing them first, & save myself an international phone call.
    The dealer is called Barnsley Honda. Here's a link to their website.

http://www.barnsleyhonda.co.uk/showroom/
    Last edited by beardo; 17-05-2008 at 06:37 AM. Reason: .

Sorry to hear about your car.

I have a quater panel but there are 2 problems, its still on the car and the other is that I'm in Ireland.

But at worse case I can take it off the car and your welcome to it.

Not sure what the shipping will be, or how I'll ship it but its yours free of charge
    I have a dream

Not breaking yours are you now Adam?! Hows it running?

I havent rev`ed the cob webs off mine in about two years ! what a waste
    "I don't need power, It is all about balance. If I have more balance, then I don't need the power" Katsuhiro Ueo Champion Drifter