Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decision #2

My roof leaked, but I didn't need to replace the seals, and neither may you.

As I've said before (see attached pictures) black silicone (like the stuff used to seal a bathroom) between the edge of the seal and the roof.

It'll stop water building up inside the seal then transferring into the vehicle when you brake or turn corners.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	08062007008.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	1601   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	080620070082.JPG 
Views:	210 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	1602  

Cheers Em. That must be the most cost effective way of doing it. £300 for both window seals? Outrageous. I'm doing up our kitchen currently, and have lots of silicon, but none in black! Typical. Guess i'll be off to the plumbers merchants again then.

Cheers

Marge
    "Three is not the correct number of wheels for a powered vehicle"

2001 1.4 Civic 5door.

If the hood fabric is cracked at the edge ( about 5" from the front where it folds ) it will cause leaks between the frame and seal. If the fabric's had it replace that and see if it makes a difference before changing seals.

Where did you get your quote of £300 for a set of seals? My local Honda dealer told me that although the seal along the top of the windscreen was available the ones around the door windows weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Basher View Post
    Where did you get your quote of £300 for a set of seals? My local Honda dealer told me that although the seal along the top of the windscreen was available the ones around the door windows weren't.
    Where did I get that quote?

I work for Honda

It may be availability may be a problem now, I had not looked recently.
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

Well, we've re-stuffed Beepy's seals with new foam, which seems to have helped a fair bit, tho it looks like they're pretty eroded near the front windscreen. (i'm guessing you cant help that except with a brand new seal) So our stop-gap solution, while he sits idle this week, has been duct tape (!) and one of those moisture-absorbey things people use in caravans :0). Next weekend, we sort his battery out and take it from there....

Many thanks for all your helpful suggestions, guys and gals!

You often find good second hand seals on the Japanese auction sites. I recently bought a nearly new set for under £40

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>
    >>>gone, but not forgotten<<<

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12