Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mikes rebuild wishlist

Mikes rebuild wishlist

I'm probably going to be after a few bits for my rebuild, so i'll put it all in one place here.

First thing is a set of the rubber seals that go between the wing mirrors and the body - particularly the drivers side. For some reason mine have warped really badly.
    If anyone has one or both from a broken or spare mirror i'd really like to give it a home!

mike pay super-happy-price for you or swap for something

Why do I think this will be a long and popular thread

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>
    >>>gone, but not forgotten<<<

It sounds as if its going to be a bit one way!!!

I want this ....

I want that ....

Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

haha - i know its a long shot but its worth trying. especially for these rubber seals as i dont think i get get new ones without buying 2 full mirrors from mr honda!

Wish you would start these things before we do tip trips hehe. No rubber seals but I'll keep an eye on this for other things we may have.

Ahh. I replaced a broken driver's side mirror a couple of years ago. Can't put my hand on it at the moment but I'm sure I didn't throw it out. Not entirely sure whether the replacement mirror came with a rubber seal, or I re-used the old one. I'll let you know when I find the old mirror.

hi karl
    that would be fantastic - thank you very much!!
    fingers crossed
    mike

just got back from the body shop with some slightly-expected bad news - i need a new bonnet!
    it seems my car's been vandelised or something at some point - no signs of front impact but theres various dents in the bonnet and the old rear screen had scratch marks in it too. poor little sod!

so... has anyone got one sitting around as a coffee table?
    i know its another long shot but its worth a try before i cough up £450 for a new one from mr honda....

Quote Originally Posted by TADO View Post
    i know its another long shot but its worth a try before i cough up £450 for a new one from mr honda....
    and you may have quite a wait for a new one as there is now stock in Europe , so it will have to come from Japan.
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!

*sigh* looks like i might have a gleaming red car with a matt black bonnet for a while!

Mike is it that bad then not repairable?

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>

Can't help with the bonnet, but I do have the rubber seal for the driver's side mirror.

karl you are an absolute legend! thank you very much. I'll drop you a pm to sort some suitable compensation and stuff
    mylee - i put some pics on the blog last night, john at the body shop reckons its pretty not worth doing. theres some bits on the underside that are a bit ropey as well. we always knew the bonnet was gonna be the worst bit but i didnt expect it to have quite as many dints!
    dunno what has happened to teh poor little sod - looks like his bonnet was left alone with a hammer-maniac!
    if we're spending this much as it is we might as well just do it properly int it

Looks like they've made some great progress this week, coming along nicely.

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>

heheh - i keep on having to look at the feels beat to reassure myself that it'll look nice in the end! haha...
    just dropped off a couple more bits with them now, reckon we're going to have to order a bonnet from honda and hope it arrives this year some time!

Mike, it will look stunning when it's done - even better than the pictures of the Feels car in your blog, cos your's is red

What about a carbon bonnet? It could still be sprayed.

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>

ive been looking to see whats available - i was quite tempted by a cozylights frp one as they look totally standard. im not really fan of the scooped ones etc.
    i might give rinkya a try and see how much an frp would be to have shipped over... might be about the same as a honda one. if i'm going to be waiting a couple of months for an oem one then i might do that... hmmm....
    the exchange rate is sooooo bad tho at the moment!

Keep in touch Mike, if that's what you decide - the sides I want are the cozylights ones, there might be a deal to be had? Just a thought.

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>

We too aren't sure what we're doing with the bonnet, I'll take a step up and find out what we're doing with ours and let you know if it's available

Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast