Thread: Required Spares

Required Spares

I am trying to locate a complete engine and gearbox or spares to repair my current engine. Can ayone help??

Have you seen the recent ebay add

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-BEAT-0-6...1%7C240%3A1318

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>
    >>>gone, but not forgotten<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hardath View Post
    I am trying to locate a complete engine and gearbox or spares to repair my current engine. Can ayone help??
    What are you after? I have a full engine in bits waiting for a rebuild.

Complete engine preferably

I am in need of a complete engine preferably. However, if i can source parts like valves, head gaskets etc, i don't mind that either.

BTW That Ebay ad is excellent, will contact them. I am located in the Caribbean so i would need just the supply of the engine.

I would imagine they would only supply an engine on an exchange basis. You could always ask anyway.

Ebay classified is not an option

Just to let you guys know, i called the ebay classified. They are telling me that i need to bring the car there!! So that is definitely out. Any other ideas?

Probably being in the caribbean, you are going to struggle.

You can by the parts in the UK, Valve and gasket set would be available, But not sure if you could get from a Honda Dealer in Caribbean.

Cost in UK would be in the region of £500-£600 depenant on any other parts needed.

I can sort you out with list of part numbers if you know what you need.
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

E07a

How compatible are E07A engines from the other honda vehicles? I think i located one locally, was just curious if the engine parts esp the block and head could function to repair the one on my beat? Any suggestions?

There are a few differances between other variants of the E07A, Acty and Today have E07A, but compression ratio is differant by means of differant pistons I believe.

One of the Guys in Ireland I think had a Today engine, and found quite a few differences, but did manage to salvage a few items to help rebuild a Beat engine.
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

Hi there from New Zealand
    Drop STRONGS HONDA an email (parts@stronghonda.co.nz) - I was (and still am) looking for a complete cylinder head. They found a complete engine in Japan. They might let you know where to get it!!

A few weeks back, I sold my entire engine, trany, rear suspension to a fellow Beat owner in Los Angeles. Send me a PM and I'll reply with his email address.

reason for selling: engine swap with a Hayabusa. note that the engine ran strong, dry and without issue.

I had an E07A engine out of a Honda Today, the bolck is different- different shape, sump and mountings, pistons were different too.

From what i can remember the valves and head is the same as the beat however the cam had a different profile

I have a gearbox for sale, if interested drop me a PM
    "I don't need power, It is all about balance. If I have more balance, then I don't need the power" Katsuhiro Ueo Champion Drifter