Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Annual beat meet - KKITP

2009 Annual beat meet - KKITP

I originally started organising this for Beat owners to meet each other and make friends, but less and less are turning up, making me feel very sad.

I changed the name to Kei Kars in the park to widen the appeal to other kei car owners to join us, however it still remains at heart the only meet Beat owners have at the moment. Please come and show your support, I love to meet other Beat owners.

20th September 2009

Kingsbury water park
    Please visit our website for directions

The annual meet for little Japanese cars

www.KeiKarsinthepark.co.uk

Crazy cars include, the copens:

Mazda AZ-1's
    Last edited by Wh1teLeopard; 11-03-2009 at 09:29 PM.

Honda Beats

Suzuki Cappuccinos

And more...

Last edited by Wh1teLeopard; 11-03-2009 at 09:29 PM.

BIG STICK reminder time

Yay! Come on guys I started this thing so Beat owners could get together because there's nothing organised just for us. Every year it gets less and less and it makes me wonder why I bother some times.

Sorry to many other plans that weekend.

Friday 18th Coldplay @ Wembley stadium
    Saturday 19th Flying at southern model airshow
    Saturday night Coldplay, take 2
    Sunday recovery.

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>
    >>>gone, but not forgotten<<<

Looking forward to seeing everyone again - would be awesome if we could get a couple more beats.
    The chap with the other red beat in sheffield gave me a ring the other day after seeing ours at the bodyshop - i'll send him over a flyer.
    we're determined to get ours there, even if the front end is a mix of black white and red panels!

Mylee - that sounds like a brill weekend, saw a chap in the park by us flying a helicopter last week - it was frikkin HUGE!

If anyone else has a reason for not coming that I can change or do something about I'd love to hear about it after all I set this whole thing up for the people here yet every year less and less come. Please tell me what's wrong so I can make it better for you.

Its a fair old way for me but may be a possibility. LOL I just posted up today on another thread about a possible Northern meet.

Tom
    The Beat goes on ......

i dont think theres anything at all wrong em!! certainly nothing to do with the organisation.
    i think theres only a relatively small number of active members on here who are quite spread out and a lot of the beats disappear into the woodwork sadly. there seem to be a lot changing hands on ebay etc tho but i think its still very hard for people to join this forum.
    maybe i'll start a thread about the club as well, see what can be done to try and make things more lively?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbly1 View Post
    Its a fair old way for me but may be a possibility. LOL I just posted up today on another thread about a possible Northern meet.

Tom
    If you can make the trip down it would be lovely to see your beat, it looks lovely in your pic. If there's anything you want to know just ask

My Beat only looks good because the photo is tiny and the sun is shining! Still stuff to do before it is show worthy but thanks for the encouragement. I have a camper so may come in that with Beat on tow.

Tom
    The Beat goes on ......

There is a camping and caravan site next door if you want to make a weekend of it. My dad goes there regularly to get away from it all for a bit haha

And it doesn't have to be spotless, it's a social meet not a show, I just like to give out prizes to the ones that look extra special! Everyone can enter that regardless of the condition of your beat, and even more so this year. There's now a 'best decorated' category so even if your beat (which I doubt) had big rusty holes in the side, if it's the most creatively decorated you could still go home with a prize

Put me down as a probable, it clashes with a mtb ride in the far North I am down for and I am planning to go to France late September for more mtb, my other hobby.

Tom
    The Beat goes on ......

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1teLeopard View Post
    If anyone else has a reason for not coming that I can change or do something about I'd love to hear about it after all I set this whole thing up for the people here yet every year less and less come. Please tell me what's wrong so I can make it better for you.

I'd Love to be there as I could not make it last year, but it's our 25th wedding aniversary on the 22nd Sep and otherwise engaged. That's a good enough excuse I feel, and it keeps me in the handbrakes good books!
    Will try harder next year thou.

I have some mechanical issues on my Beat, yet to be attended to, so I will be towing it, either on an A frame or trailer. Can anyone tell me if the miles will still register towing on an a frame, I assume they will not as it is electronic but can anyone confirm this? I am on a restricted mileage policy. Also what is the unbraked trailer weight maximum as this may affect using an a frame too.

Tom
    The Beat goes on ......

Head up, Em! I think, you make no mistakes. The number of real Beat enthusiasths is getting smaler, that`normal, i think. I´m planning since years to visit the kei cars meeting, germany is not so far away, but every year something comes between. Wanna know what it is this year? In this week of the meet, i hopefully become the first time a father! Is this a reason not to come? Yipiie Yeah!
    Guido
    You meet the nicest people in a HONDA!

Aw congratulations Guido.

People don't need to give excuses, or explain themselves to me I just wanted to know if there was something I was doing that was putting people off.

Can't make any promises, but we plan to be there this year. We'll know closer to the date.

Would be wonderful to see you both again Let me know if you can and I'll bring the items I borrowed with me so you can have them back (failing that I'll have to bring them back when I have some money for petrol haha)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast