Thread: Seat runners

Seat runners

Hi I'm looking for a set of seat runners - both sides - any suggestions or offers. Also what are members general experiences of finding suitable stuff at autojumbles - worth the entry fee to the show?

Are these that rare?

Hi

I've had 63 views and no responses so I can assume that you were all looking for runners too! What are you all doing with them or like mine were they lost over time to former owners fitting other seats??

hi stokesey
    im curious - what seats does your car have in it?

i have some seat runners but unfortunately they are attached to the seats / floor of my beat.

on a more serious note i've pm'd you a lead.
    Last edited by ANOBOBOLOUS; 23-10-2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: forgot

I think you are very unlikely to find Beat specific runners them at an autojumble simply because there are few Beats in UK. They do turn up on Japanese Yahoo but probably not an economic proposition due to shipping costs. Others could perhaps be modified though they are narrow and possibly different widths for each side!

Tom
    Last edited by Bumbly1; 23-10-2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Clarification
    The Beat goes on ......

Hi

Thank you all for the replies. I'll follow that up.

Tado - the seats in there are fixed one piece bucket seats of the type that are usually in 'Lotus 7 type' homebuilds, Caterhams and Westfields. Nice enough in black vinyl with red piping (Beat is red) but they have simply been bolted though the floor, unadjustable and a bit unsafe (in my opinion).

ahh - i thought they might have been some beat-specific japanese seats & rails - which is what i've been after for ages!
    like the others said, japhoo or very random luck is pretty much your only hope. there's been quite a few beats broken here recently tho - might be worth sending direct messages to the guys who advertised em as they may not have seen this thread.
    otherwise drop jesse streeter an email and see if he can help you.

There's Beat being broken on ebay.

ouch

Hi Guys

Made contact with the ebay Beat - it is in a breakers yard in Derby - not too far from me, the vehicle belongs to the owner's mechanic but on enquiry was looking for £40 a piece which I thought was taking the p*** a bit. I've got more important mechanical things to spend my money on at the moment. Maybe I'll think differently later. I see that there are many generic items for sale and with a bit of fabrication I'm sure that I can get something sorted to get the 'zebras' back in.

Thanks once again. Great noticeboard, fine members.

That ebay breaker wants £60 for a back light, is that what people pay????? I wont be, they may be 'super' cars but they aint supercars.

yikes. guess it depends how desperate you are and whether theres any other options at the time - it would probably cost that to get one from japan via auction and probably a lot more from honda. if its not desperate just keep your eyes peeled on here - some are sure to come along at some point.
    parts can be horribly expensive!