Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hid kits for our Beats.

Hid kits for our Beats.

I'm in the process of sourcing Bi Xenon 6000k H4H Hid kits from a guy in Hong Kong that I have used a few times before. At the moment I am just gauging interest and possible order numbers. The more people wanting them the cheaper they should be. He'll send them to me without a retail box (multiple kits in one box) to cut down on shipping costs. I did this recently for H1 kits and they worked out at just £26 each instead of around £45. The H4H kit is pretty rare and due to it being Bi Xenon (dip and main beam will be Xenon) will be considerably more expensive. Somewhere around £80 I reckon at the moment plus postage from me to you. So anybody intersted please let me know and hopefully I can get this off the ground.

Forgive me for being a thick bird but what is involved in fitting these please. I have bi-xenons on my MINI and I thought there were all manner of auto-adjusters and stuff needed for them. I love the white bi-xenon light and the improvement in visibility is great, I could be very tempted if they are easy enough to install.
    S8RAH

They're fairly easy to fit. You replace the standard bulb with the Xenon bulb. Mount the ballast pack in a suitable position. Plug the wire that did go to the old bulb into the new wire that goes to the ballast pack. Then plug the wire from the ballast pack into the new bulb. Sounds easy but really depends on the space available for the ballast pack. I've fitted quite a few kits to various cars. 30 minutes if its straight forward or 1 and a half hours on my Scooby.

stick me down as a possible Beardo.

aye - sounds good. me too please

All depends on the final price, as these are readily available in the US.
    I suggested this a while ago but no-one was interested however, the supplier wouldn't lower the price for multiple kits.

Put me down as a maybe

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>
    >>>gone, but not forgotten<<<

I have looked into getting them from the US. I didn't find them readily available and what I did find were expensive. There is a supplier in China but will only ship 20 or more. Will know more in a few days.

Hi, I'm interested depending on price. I keep thinking my headlights are covered in dirt they're so dull.

Quote Originally Posted by beardo View Post
    I have looked into getting them from the US. I didn't find them readily available and what I did find were expensive. There is a supplier in China but will only ship 20 or more. Will know more in a few days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H4H-H...Q5fAccessories

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>

Hiya,
    It might be an idea to try these out first on some similar (cheaper) type headlamps as hid do burn a lot hotter and I have seen a couple of melting reflectors on boy racer cars,.
    A true sports car should be designed so that when you sit in it you can put your arm over the side and touch your knuckles on the ground.

Thats not the right bulb Mylee. H4 isn't the same bulb. Also it is a single filament. Not sure why that's listed as H4H. Check the bulb picture below.

Our bulbs, H4H dual filament on the left. H4 bulb on the right.

This is the kit we need.

http://acanaint.en.alibaba.com/viewi...last_.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by obiwanwasabe View Post
    Hiya,
    It might be an idea to try these out first on some similar (cheaper) type headlamps as hid do burn a lot hotter and I have seen a couple of melting reflectors on boy racer cars,.
    Thats the case for imitation xenon bulbs as they are 100w iirc. Proper HID kits are a lot cooler than standard bulbs.

Many thanks for the info Beardo. Yes please i'm interested.

Yep I know it's H4H, just a poor listing I guess

....And the HID's definately burn cooler.

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>

This is getting rather more dificult than I expected it to be. There are many H4H kits but it would appear that these are H4 bulbs with the extra H meaning HiLo (Hi beam Lo beam) There is a company called Rybrig that do an imitation Hid replacement bulb. But at 4700k they are 125w which will be very hot.

Since our H4H bulbs are only found on JDM Hondas I've mailed a company in Japan to see what is available there. Fingers crossed.

Looks like my man in Japan may have come up with a winner. Just need to confirm that it's for the right bulb. Difficult to see in the picture but it looks the right size and has the dip and main beam. Also the Honda badge in the picture is promising. Fingers crossed for reasonable costs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sample 2.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	1877  

According to the Japanese site for these kits, their price varies from approximately £ 185 to £ 750, according to the car model!

looks good - thanks for sorting all this out beardo. any company with the word 'climax' in its name gets my vote!

Not good news. The price for this kit is insane.

http://www.nilaikanai.com/185_2893.html

If I win the breaker on Ebay I will come up with a cheaper solution using its lights to see if they can be modified to take a different bulb.

Thanks for your efforts anyway.

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast