Thread: Good news for a change

Wink Good news for a change

Hi all

My Beat in back on the road with a new ticket, after nearly 9 months of ownership. I finally managed to string together a few days to get it sorted. New cambelt, water pump, idler, thermostat, alt belt, a/c belt, exhaust, 3 new plugs, oil and air service, tappet clearances, a new cam cover gasket and timed up.

Taken it out everyday since and finally confident to push it past 4500rpm. Loving it! I'll post some pictures soon. Have taken some photos of the work as it went on in case they may be of use. Will move on to tidying the interior and exterior and getting some of the original kit back on.

Thanks to all the members who have helped me with mechanical advice or leads on parts.

Stokesey

great news - look forward to seeing some pics!
    the temptation to push it must be huge - we kept ours under 5000 for ages after the rebuild - 8000 sounded brilliant afterwards.

What sort of ££££ is a water pump?

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>
    >>>gone, but not forgotten<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Mylee View Post
    What sort of ££££ is a water pump?
    Around the £100 mark for a genuine part.
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

Water pump

Hi
    Current code HOU 19200P3600 £110.14 with the VAT from Honda. Interestingly enough the part was boxed as 'truck' so I guess that it is the same as used on the Acty with the E07 engine. They got it for me quite quickly - a couple of weeks.

The one I took of looked and felt perfectly fine as did the idler but I did it as a precaution as changing the cambelt - which also looked like new - but were last changed in 2001 and 50K ago.

Stokesey