Thread: Beat back on the road after 4 yrs

Beat back on the road after 4 yrs

Just thought I'd share it with you. only need to have another try at the "shut lines" on the bonnet and stonechip spray the lower sills. Also still need to fit new rear discs and pads. A big thank you to the guys I sourced some used parts and panels from, Still need a tonneau if anyone has a spare one, or a pattern so I could make one would do!
    I only made a couple of minor modifications, during the rebuild, to the trims, door speakers, lights, decat and cherrybomb fitted to exhaust.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11052010005.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	1898   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11052010007.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	212.8 KB 
ID:	1899  
    A true sports car should be designed so that when you sit in it you can put your arm over the side and touch your knuckles on the ground.

Thumbs up Stunning.

Fantastic job. Car looks stunning. I'd be interested to hear about the bonnet and how you get on.

Stokesey

Quote Originally Posted by Stokesey View Post
    Fantastic job. Car looks stunning. I'd be interested to hear about the bonnet and how you get on.

Stokesey
    Thank you, it has been a long old journey, and all my own work. Bonnet shouldn't be a problem, when I put the seal back on across the bulkhead I put the rubber under the plastic trim and it raised everything by about 1/4", it's just a case of putting it over the plastic the other way round then all should go back into line.just running out of spare time. Will be legally roadworthy in July. Then next winter drop the engine and sort that out. Next project starting next month is same treatment to a MK1 MR2 supercharger. then I think I'll retire !!!
    A true sports car should be designed so that when you sit in it you can put your arm over the side and touch your knuckles on the ground.

Jf you find a pattern for a tonneau cover I would be interested too. The cost of shipping one to New Zealand prohibits buying one.
    Cheers
    David Stove

Looks good. I'll have a look for my tonneau at the weekend - if I can find it, I'll sort out a pattern.