Thread: Starter Motor & Solenoid wanted

Starter Motor & Solenoid wanted

Pretty sure the starter has gone, it's making all the right clicking noises to make me think that the relays are working, the starter motor is simply not engaging. It pushes off fine, but starter is still dead even when running and in gear (I tried this drastic measure to try and free the motor if it was locked). Gave it a few 'taps' with a mallet and steel bar, nothing.
    Going to replace battery, tho fairly sure it's good and showing full charge. Varta A15 seems to be the one to get going by this forum. If that fails going to need starter and or probably solenoid replacing. Rather do this second hand rather than through Honda Dealership!

Maybe you could get the starter rebuilt? new brushes, and skim the commutator

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Schooner View Post
    second hand rather than through Honda Dealership!
    Starter motor no longer available, part number discontiued. was £357.

Best you find a local auto electrical company and get it tested and overhauled
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

New battery arrived and in today, no luck, as I thought. Going to take your advice and try and find someone to overhaul it. Still need engine fixing as I've gone through alot of plugs and oil, the CAT warning light is on constantly, but occaisionally it still runs well. If I can't get engine fixed am thinking of buying another working car and making a good one out of the 2.

i,ve got a spare good 2nd hand starter solonoid for sale £100. Give me a call Lee on 07983997719.

Cheers Lee, got it sorted now, got a starter motor and solenoid refurbed and fitted and my old one refurbed, so may be selling that now. I also got a relay, but mine was not faulty, so might be selling that too. Both parts from Fossy, thanks mate.
    Last edited by Dirk Schooner; 22-06-2010 at 04:15 PM.