Thread: Inside information

Inside information

Somebody foolishly once attached a mobile phone cradle on to the dash of my Beat. I would like to replace/cover the dash to try and hide the three unsightly holes. Can anyone give me some direction, bearing in mind that I will then have to replace/cover other parts of the car to match.

Many thanks in advance!
    If at first you don't suceed, skydiving isn't for you...

I would suggest you contact a classic car restorer. Years ago it was possible to get a kit with which you could fill and texture the holes, something similar may stil be available.

I've noticed that lots of these kits and replacements are sold through Japanese Yahoo. I also noticed that Oz used to order things etc. Is there anyone that still does that? Are there any well known dealers or distributors that can get that stuff for you? I was shocked by how cheap some of it was!

welcome to the world of exciting packages from japan, eps tracking numbers and praying that you'll get through customs without any charges!
    ive been meaning to do a little guide about how to buy from japhoo/rinkya/jesse streeter etc for ages. it's been covered on here a few times now.
    Jesse Streeter is great - he's helped us out plenty times with parts for our beat and our carol and has even arranged shipping of whole vehicles for members on here.
    http://www.jessestreeter.com/
    basically you find what you want on yahoo, honda parts or online shop, drop jesse and email with a link to the item and he'll get back to you with a price for delivery to you door. he charges a commission (cant remember if its 10 or 15%, but its cheaper than most) and the adds the actual shipping cost to come to the total.
    be warned tho - at the moment the exchange rate is terrible. we had to order around 40000jpy worth of parts the other day. that would have been about £200ish a while ago, its now £300! body parts are one of the most expensive things to ship too - not because of their weight but because of the large size. might not be so bad for some skirts tho.
    we had a good experience with Touge Distribution recently too.

I tried to get some side skirts, but they are just to long to ship 'cheaply'
    I even considered getting them cut in two for shipping and then getting my bodyshop wizard to 'uncut' them

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>
    >>>gone, but not forgotten<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Mylee View Post
    I tried to get some side skirts, but they are just to long to ship 'cheaply'
    I even considered getting them cut in two for shipping and then getting my bodyshop wizard to 'uncut' them
    You can find information in English on ordinary post from Japan here:

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/ser...parcel_en.html

If you link back and look at the rates for surface post, they can be quite reasonable. Also for ordinary air shipments. The catch might be that a Yaphoo seller might be unwilling to send in any way other than EMS that would not provide him with tracking info/insurance.

I would offer a straight swap for mine as they will be covered again once the interior has been sorted out. However someone did exactly the same thing to mine too

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1teLeopard View Post
    I would offer a straight swap for mine as they will be covered again once the interior has been sorted out. However someone did exactly the same thing to mine too

Following on from this Em, I have to make a quick comment about the friendliness on this site (KeiKars too!). I am overwhelmed at the amount of help, support and products offered by members of the site. I would list names of all those who have helped me out, but I would be afraid of missing someone. I realise this isn't the correct thread, but it was an opportunity I didn't want to miss. I really can't wait to meet everyone and thank them personally