Thread: ECU wanted

help ECU wanted

Has anyone got a fully working ECU for sale pls.Dave 01626 879252

Several on Yahoo.jp now, prices from 40,000 to 60,000 yen. Some offer re-chipped.

Cheers Steve,I'll keep that in mind.What's that in sterling?Dave

£300 - 450 plus your commission + P & P etc

for the money it costs to get one from japhoo you could probably get something like this for not much more:

http://www.tougedistribution.com/ite...U--HW-PP1-ECU/

think they recondition original honda ones then chip them.

isnt there a beat being broken on here/ebay at the moment? might be worth dropping them a line to see what condition the ecu is in

Is the problem that yours is not working right? You could also get it repaired. I got mine all overhauled recently including caps, chip, cleaning etc for about GBP 100 (over here.)

My car won't pull up hills(a problem in Devon),holds back ,as if timing is out.When you start it,it runs slow,then goes up to 1800 then settles to1200.It also kangaroos around 30mph.When it gets up to 70 ,the ECU light comes on and gives code9.This is listed as number 1 cylinder position sensor,but this should only be required when starting,to tell the ECU which injector to trigger.I don't know it's location yet,as I haven't printed all the pictures off the cd yet.I believe the distributor has the ign above and speed sensor below,so the 1 cyl sensor is a mystery.New caps haven't cured it.A new problem is that the code light now stays on solid when bridged,so no codes can be read.No,it won't reset.All in all,I think the mapping in the ECU is at fault.Nobody seems to live this way to borrw one either.I'll be back from the IOW festival on Tuesday if anyone would like to phone for a technical chat.Cheers Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by bornagainbeater View Post
    My car won't pull up hills(a problem in Devon),holds back ,as if timing is out.When you start it,it runs slow,then goes up to 1800 then settles to1200.It also kangaroos around 30mph.When it gets up to 70 ,the ECU light comes on and gives code9.This is listed as number 1 cylinder position sensor,but this should only be required when starting,to tell the ECU which injector to trigger.I don't know it's location yet,as I haven't printed all the pictures off the cd yet.I believe the distributor has the ign above and speed sensor below,so the 1 cyl sensor is a mystery.New caps haven't cured it.A new problem is that the code light now stays on solid when bridged,so no codes can be read.No,it won't reset.All in all,I think the mapping in the ECU is at fault.Nobody seems to live this way to borrw one either.I'll be back from the IOW festival on Tuesday if anyone would like to phone for a technical chat.Cheers Dave.
    Maybe someone can diagnose this remotely, but it sure would be nice to have an ECU to swap. If yours is proven bad, a replacement chip might be a good thing to try next since they aren't very expensive.

I don't know it's location yet,as I haven't printed all the pictures off the cd yet.I believe the distributor has the ign above and speed sensor below,so the 1 cyl sensor is a mystery.
    No1 Cyl sensor is behind the camshaft pulley (behind the cambelt cover) Cambelt removal needed to replace.

Connection can befound just coming out of the top of the cambelt cover by the rocker cover.

But it sounds as if your Ign timing is not set correctly.

No you know if its had any work regarding either Distributor failure or cambelt failure thats the normal route for there being issues with incorrect timing setting.

If the distributor seizes (quite common) the gear on the end of the camshaft can be broken or shifted which can cause issues.

I would get the Ign timing checked first before spending too much on parts.

Info here http://www.manser42.freeserve.co.uk/page4.html

HTH
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

.A new problem is that the code light now stays on solid when bridged,so no codes can be read.No,it won't reset.All in all.
    That is correct. That shows no codes stored and that the Service connector is bridged.
    You bridge the service connector to put the ECU into base ignition mode so you can check the ignition timing. The constant engine light warns you that the service connector is bridged.
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!

Thanks Gents,Ishould state that I am a retired AA Patrol of 33 years standing,so I'm not afraid to delve.My problems are lack of info and familiarity.Sensor now spotted,thanks.I was worried that I couldn't find the timing mark,then,when I did,I couldn't line it up at 1200.I wondered if the flywheel could be 180 out,but they are pegged to prevent this.When out ,the dizzy spins free and shows no signs of seizure damage.Moving the dizzy when running doesn't bring the tmark into the window.Now i'mthinking....Can the spiral drive move on the camshaft?Isn't it fixed?Or perhaps the cam timing is out,although the bill shows the belt fitted by a reputable garage.Is it a major job to check belt timing marks.I haven't found this bit on the cd yet.If anyone would like to chat after Monday,I'll happily call back (UK!!!)Dave.

Steve M,I see you're in Kent.I come to Rochester,to my Mum a lot.Are you far away?I'll be up about June 27.Dave.

Can the spiral drive move on the camshaft?Isn't it fixed?(UK!!!)Dave.
    Camshaft dist drive is just a press fit onto the end of the camshaft.

Thats why I asked if you knew of any history of seized dist or cambelt failure.

Checking the cam timing is quite involved you will end up taking all the cambelt covers of. (which is not easy)

Check that the distributor has been inserted correctly when its fitted.

and definately make sure your ignition timing is set before condeming your TDC No1 sensor or any thing else for that matter.

I live near Maidstone. Mylee lives in Rochester if I recall.
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!

Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!

Steve M or Mylee

Hi Guys,I'm coming to Rochester on Saturday,leaving Tuesday morning.Call me before on 01626 879252 or on07817 742011 if there's any chance of meeting ip for a chat.Cheers Dave.

Unhappy

Just had my ECU checked and given a clean bill of health.Little grey cells need stimulating,so after my hols ,I must delve deeper.After phoning around I sent my ECU to AVILEC Ltd, Whitegates Building,Medina Yard,Arctic Road,Cowes,IoW PO31 7PG 01983 281811.No one else would touch it.