Thread: Seating comfort

Seating comfort

I love the little car, but my ancient back moans and groans after a relatively short drive.

What have you done to improve the seating comfort in your Beats? My foray into lumbar supports has not done much good.

Steve

hi steve
    not sure if you've seen them in person on your side of the world, but i've seen a lot of people on the Minkara site running honda DC2 recaro's in the drivers side - that would be huge improvement in comfort. it might be a tight squeeze to get one in but there's plenty of pictures of people with them on the blogs etc.

Will look out for Recaros. Actually I have not seen as many Beats running around as I had expected. The local monthly club meetings have either been rained out or cancelled, so I've actually seen more Cappucinos than Beats since owning the car.

For the time being I got a few cheap back cushions on EBay and am using one that actually makes a huge difference.

Past Hondas:
    1960 125cc Honda Benly CB92R
    1964 305cc Super Hawk CB77, the only vehicle I have ever bought new in my life!
    Honda CB160, roadraced as 175cc 1967-1970.
    Honda Lawnmower, bought used in 2003, caught fire and melted in 2005.

IMHO save yourself the expense and hassle of fitting the Recaro's, they are mostly cosmetic for those who want the "brand", but they are RACING seats.....hard as a rock, I've had more in some suits I own...lol. Also dont forget left and right side are different widths, so a pair is unlikely. Find a wrecked pair in the auctions (torn edge) get them redone and bolstered.

Oz

As Oz has said, get them filled out with with that memory foam stuff, it's a little more costly but save your arse on a long drive. Go to Primark and raid the pillow section.