Thread: ECU Required

ECU Required

Hi all,

Looking for a replacement ECU.

The overfuelling problem/timing seems to be cause by the ECU all other roads have been exausted. Had the caps replaced on mine about 3 years ago but the car has been stood for two.

any help appreciated.

Cheers

Pete / Sue

ECUs for sale

Peter, although it doesn't seem to be a popular option for people in the UK, there are several for sale on Japan Yahoo, ranging from 15 - 20,000 yen (removed from running car) to a guaranteed pristine 50-60,000 yen.

Have you checked out all the options - error codes, etc?

Past Hondas:
    1960 125cc Honda Benly CB92R
    1964 305cc Super Hawk CB77, the only vehicle I have ever bought new in my life!
    Honda CB160, roadraced as 175cc 1967-1970.
    Honda Lawnmower, bought used in 2003, caught fire and melted in 2005.

ecu

Hi steve,

Checked codes, I brought the car in japan about 8 years ago, all was fine untill the cambelt went, Garage who did the repairs didnt instill confidence. after about a week another exaust valve burnt out!!! that was replaced and then we moved and the car was stood for 3 years, in a garage. When we started up. it was running very rich and was very sluggish at low revs.
    The new garage has sorted the idle problem but still running very rich, wont pass MOT on emmisions. very strange for a beat. Just wanted an ecu for a test to eliminate that from the equation as running out of options..

Cheers

Pete

I've been looking on yahoo japan auctions for mirrors, and just saw a PP1 ECU currently at £40 with (I think) a couple of days to run. Unfortuantely, I don't have an account to bid on anything...

Have you opened the ECU up? Rich running is a sign of ECU capacitor failure, which, in most cases, can be repaired cheaply.

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>
    >>>gone, but not forgotten<<<

Must admit havent looked at the capacitors as I replaced them before the cambelt went, worth a look I suppose.