Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New owner from UK Birmingham

congrats emperor!
    the car looks really nice. great news about the coilovers too - i thought it looked nice and low in your original pics.
    if you're worried about the engine noise take a quick video/recording on your phone or something and post it up. the beat does have a different engine note to most things!
    obsessive is correct about the hood too - you can just unzip and lay the screen back on a towel on the boot if you're feeling lazier

What a luck to have one more Beatie in good old Europe! The engine sound is one of a kind. unbeliveble at 9000revs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDExF3d_3jA
    You meet the nicest people in a HONDA!

I think I will need the central lock, cause the mrs love it.
    Thanks dude, I'd have time you need to have a good look on my car and tells me what's what.
    Alright I'll take pop the door card off and take a photo later, I've been meaning to do this for awhile as there is an annoying rattle going on somewhere!

thanks guys.
    i know how to do the alarm and door lock actuator and stuff. but will be great you can show me the photo, than i dont have to think .

that video sound good, mine dont have this sound unti rev the engine to around 5k plus, under than is just sound like a truck. ta ta ta ta.....

the speedo clock playing up today, the road speed meter is all over the place.
    stoping is ok, but sometime it jumps up to over 140, and drop to 30 and than.... is this the speed sensor in the gearbox?? or some other stuff?
    also the spare wheel tray was rusted and damaged, it shake all the time when drive, giving me a very good tap tap tap....

got no time to play with the cd yet, if the systme gone, i have another mp3 player goes on.

i wish i have time to take some video or photo, so many dam car stuck in the workshop now, all customer said wants the car done by Tuesday bla bla bla. but i still got an hours away from the workshop to get the car mot'ed. its good fly off, check all bushes and stuff, braking force is larger than the car !! also the car weight only 680kn no driver and 1/4 of fuel.

do you guys remember i want to get rid of the seat and fit recaro? i dont think i will now, because i found the driving position is very very good in this seat, and its was a bucket seat already. but i found that the passenger seat is not adjustable ! there something for the Mrs to mo about.

regards

Central locking

Here's a photo of the door motor. You only need a 2 wire one, however I've used a 5 wire in the drivers door but not the conventional way. I've wired it up so that the interior light feed gets cut when the door is locked. This way I can never leave it on by mistake.

I also fixed the rattle, it was the glass. There are two bolts at the top of the inner door that adjust the brushes that keep the glass squeezed. Only needed a small adjustment (Moving too much would prevent the window from running up and down with ease). Rattle free door

Next mission is to find the squeak sound behind the dash
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beat CDL.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	1937  

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessive View Post
    Next mission is to find the squeak sound behind the dash
    lol - that sounds familiar. we had one that was behind the stereo somewhere that squeaked like crazy at idle - it drove me nuts til i ripped the whole dash out to re-trim it. im still not 100% what it was - probably just a cable rubbing against the big metal support inside.

this gives me so much motivation to get another

do it than, you know you want it.
    tell you what, found one this morning in Japan site for only GBP1000

lol and how much is that going to cost to get over here tested etc? either way when I come to getting one if a uk one is not available then I may be calling on your assistance in helping out if you can

not too sure maybe 1800 on the road mate.

anyone knows how to fix the jumping speedo meter?
    today when it jumps over 140kph, there was a speed limite cut.
    its happen when i was in 2nd gear on 4k rev !! not nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    anyone knows how to fix the jumping speedo meter?
    today when it jumps over 140kph, there was a speed limite cut.
    its happen when i was in 2nd gear on 4k rev !! not nice.
    Check for water/corrosion in the connector on the gearbox speed sensor.

If you got speed limiter cutting then the problem must be a source rather than just the speedo. e.g. the ECU is getting the same signal as the speedo is displaying (140kph)
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

This is what you are looking for on the gearbox, On top of the diff.

Name:	speedo.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	1939  
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

Thanks Steve, i have look at the plug for the speedo sensor. it is locate at the back of the gearbox right? you can see / un-plug it from the boot.
    the connector looks ok to me, no green stuff and any thing.
    so i put it back. but this morning when i back to the garage, i start the car for very long to let the engine run a bit. i found the speedo jumping again (the car not drive or anythings, just sit there ideling)
    i think my sensor gone yeah?

also went to DVLA register the little thing today. i asked the guy is there any cheaper road tax. he look at the form and give me a "o" when he found the engine size only 660cc
    he said it can be done, but need Mr. HONDA print out a porper emission report to show it is a low emission vehicle. anyone thinking doing it?
    to be honest i paid £180 today, this include 12 months tax which is around 128. i think it is really cheap already compair to my other toy.

anyway, got some time to look at the car this few days, i know i should not do it, i got so many job lay back, but f*ck all, dont care

first things to do, is to remove the spare tyre tray. its give me some " ti ti ti, ta ta ta, pa pa pa pa" noise when i drive the car.
    it is because it got damaged and rust and shaking a bit.
    i know its parts of the cooling system work as a cooling panel, but i still want to remove it and try out, i can deal with that noise. other thing is my car hardly to get up temperature. we will see how it goes.

2nd thing is trail fit my wheels. got it free from a mate use to fit them on a VW polo hellaflush spec. shame they are all 13", the rear is too small and catchng the rear toe arms, not too good. but it looks very nice.
    now i think i will go for some crazy offset and get wide arch to make them fit.again will see how it goes.
    ok enough talking, photo time.

dont know what happen. it dont let me to put photo and i have to split the post to post it up !!

its in the snow

everythings there

see the damaged, cracks....?

the car quite clean !! now 5kg saved....

only found this dent / line along the side !! not too happy

standard wheels VS free wheels

its a bit over the top !!
    Last edited by Emperor; 24-12-2010 at 07:59 PM.

Maybe the engine plate would be enough to prove your low emissions to the authorities? Also, I fixed a similar speedo problem on a Pontiac Sunfire the other day by removing the + and - battery cables from the battery, and touched them together for a few seconds to drain any capacitors. Maybe worth a try?
    B.

Name:	Enginebay-10.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	1942  

also went to DVLA register the little thing today. i asked the guy is there any cheaper road tax. he look at the form and give me a "o" when he found the engine size only 660cc
    he said it can be done, but need Mr. HONDA print out a porper emission report to show it is a low emission vehicle. anyone thinking doing it?
    to be honest i paid £180 today, this include 12 months tax which is around 128. i think it is really cheap already compair to my other toy.
    Now this makes things even better but tbh roadtax at £120 is cheap but I may give this a go in a few months time

dont know what happen. it dont let me to put photo and i have to split the post to post it up !!
    looks decent that always loved yellow ones

Quote Originally Posted by bigB View Post
    Maybe the engine plate would be enough to prove your low emissions to the authorities? Also, I fixed a similar speedo problem on a Pontiac Sunfire the other day by removing the + and - battery cables from the battery, and touched them together for a few seconds to drain any capacitors. Maybe worth a try?
    B.
    now ^^ according to that emissons 100ppm means the beat just falls into the no tax category

Big B - so you are saying the jumping speedo is the problem of the ECU and may be not the speed sensor?

i will try the engine plate thing, but the guy said need a porper report i dont think it will become no tax at all, paying motorcycle tax is more than happy. what its like when 19 years ago when its first come to UK?

yeah I guess so yours a 1991/2 model ain't it?

dvla is a bit weird when they reg stuff most of the time they will give you a year specific plate some others will give you a registration year specific plate. I think best net is ask the guy exactly what he needs to see if its just a case of something by Honda to say this car is putting out this x amount of emissons I'm sure something can be sorted

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast