Thread: Wheels / spacers to fit the beat

Wheels / spacers to fit the beat

Does anybody know what the maximum wheel width is able to fit on the beat?
    6"
    7"
    8"

with spacers and lots of negative camber, would it be possible to fit 15" by 8" with 35 profile.

Have a good read up here: http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg4.html

Lots of useful info. You're probably going to have issues going with wide wheels, especially if you lower the car.

Personally I'd be playing it safe rather then risk stuffing up the beats handling which is half the reason we all love the car. Not to mention any potential problems with tyre wear, rubbing or the warrant/compliance issues that come with spacers!

i dont think you'd get away with 8" and a high-ish offset, theres not a lot of room between the rear wheel and strut - a spacer might solve that but then you'd need to deal with the arch. you might as well just ditch the spacer and get a lower offset wheel which would probably look better anyways?

ours needed the rear arches rolling for 6" and +25 offset with 185 A048's - its almost on its belly (lost the cat heat shield the other day!).
    currently its on 165/60 which means ive got a bit more room so im on the hunt for some 13" 7's or 7.5's with something like a +6 offset at the moment. according to willtheyfit.com i think these will fit with 165x65 tyres without too much bother. ours does have wide arches fitted tho.