Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fujitsubo Exhaust questions

Fujitsubo Exhaust questions

The Fujitsubo FGS Legalis Exhaust is (in my opinion) one of the nicer aftermarket exhaust's available for the Beat.

Its not to loud (according to spec sheet), improves performance, stainless steel, and nice 4 pipe outlet look.

Please see spec sheet attached below...

So, my question, who actually owns one of these FGS Legalis systems?

Is it actually louder than stock? Does it make a nicer sound? According to the spec sheet it is actually quieter than stock above 6000rpm.

Right now, in stock form, the Beat's sound comes more from the mechanic's of the motor than the actual exhaust sound. Does the FGS have a more noticeable sound?

Looking forward to your reply's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hondabeatexhaust.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	1967  

I've also attached a photo of the Fujitsbo catalog and the Honda Parts Fiche.

Am I correct in saying that the Fujitsbo exhaust will start AFTER the red circled item in the fiche, or after the CAT?

Thanks,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WS07.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	1968   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exhaust.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	1969  

Quote Originally Posted by unclejemima View Post
    The Fujitsubo FGS Legalis Exhaust is (in my opinion) one of the nicer aftermarket exhaust's available for the Beat.
    My Opinion.

http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthr...=mugen+exhaust

Mmmm mugen!!
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

have to agree with steve - the mugen sounds fantastic, its not too noisy but at 5000+ it really comes to life, looks like a work of art as well.
    the legalis is nice but its got 2 too many pipes for me

this might give you a few more ideas too:
    http://minkara.carview.co.jp/car/114.../124/unit.aspx
    Last edited by TADO; 04-03-2011 at 08:23 AM.

take a look at: http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthr...hlight=exhaust

The tone was very low and solid througout the rpm scale. It is an aftermarket unit for a VW beetle

Thumbs up

So, my question, who actually owns one of these FGS Legalis systems?
    Is it actually louder than stock? Does it make a nicer sound? According to the spec sheet it is actually quieter than stock above 6000rpm. Does the FGS have a more noticeable sound?
    I try an answer. I`ve got the Fuijtsobo since approx 4 jears fittet.
    It is easy to mount, fits perfect. Sound is diffrent to the oem, sounds like more engine. But it is not a big diffrence, maybe there is a little bit more torque, but who is seeking for torque in Beat, revs counts. I can`t tell you if there is a diffrence in the sound outside, i`m always drive the Beat myself. In the Car is no diffrence, Couse you hear only the sound of the inlet manifold.sry, don`t now the rigt words.
    I like it it.
    You meet the nicest people in a HONDA!

Thanks guys.

Ok, Guido, so the FGS legalis is not really alot different in sound is what you are saying. I was hoping to get a little bit more noise from the exhaust, but still be silent at idle and keep the neighbors happy when I go to work in the mornings.
    Do you have a youtube video by chance of you driving with the FGS exhaust?

Tado, I looked through the minkara.carview.co.jp site, thanks. Lots of good photos, but I have a really hard time understanding what is going on because its all in Japanese

Anyway, I found a few I like. Can anyone tell what brand of exhaust they are? I'm going to have to order them from Japan. Check links out below...

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/...606/parts.aspx
    http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/...194/parts.aspx
    http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/...485/parts.aspx
    http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/...031/parts.aspx

marcair, thats pretty good idea with the VW exhaust, but I was hoping to get a bolt on exhaust. If I was a little more crafty, I would defiantly do that!

And Steve, I'd love a Mugen...mmm. I'm sure its over US$1000 and very hard to find.

No, i`ve got no video from the exhaust, but i try to make one. Can`t promiss.

Thanks Guido, that would be very nice. Even a simple Iphone vid

As for my post above, I found a link in most of the minkara pages (sorry, I'm not really sure how minkara works or what it is) and it seems like the 60,000yen range is the going price for a nice exhaust.

Because I'm starting to get in over my head from a simple off the shelf Fujistsubo cat-back, is there any vendors who speak English that anyone can recommend? I'm now thinking about getting a header as well.

http://www.automac.co.jp/parts/parts01.htm

There are very good products on this page, but buying a header and exhasut system without any info seems a bit risky. I don't know if it will even bolt up or if it needs mods.

Thanks guys,

We `ve got finest Beaty weather but to much trouble, and monday
    I `ll try tomorow to make a small movie, if not, why don`t You come to germany?

As for my post above, I found a link in most of the minkara pages (sorry, I'm not really sure how minkara works or what it is) and it seems like the 60,000yen range is the going price for a nice exhaust.
    Minkara's kind of like facebook for japanese car fans
    you have a blog, parts reviews, development diaries, and photo albums - here's my page: http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/825951/profile/
    and here's the Beat home page: http://minkara.carview.co.jp/car/1140/

the amount of info on there is insane, and google usually does a fairly good job of translating it.
    Because I'm starting to get in over my head from a simple off the shelf Fujistsubo cat-back, is there any vendors who speak English that anyone can recommend? I'm now thinking about getting a header as well.

http://www.automac.co.jp/parts/parts01.htm

There are very good products on this page, but buying a header and exhasut system without any info seems a bit risky. I don't know if it will even bolt up or if it needs mods.
    pretty much none of the vendors will speak english so you do have to be sure of what you're ordering. however Automac make some awesome stuff and given that theres no variation in beats really it should all just bolt straight on. the exhaust looks great by the way. we've ordered loads of bits from the smaller companies and never had any problems with fitting any of it.
    of course you'd need to order through someone like jessestreeter though.

if you are keen on getting any other bits, the recent Hyper-Rev best book is very good with lots of info and pictures to give you an idea of how things look fitted - think you can get it from ebay.

Great, thanks for the info guys

I had a FGS Legalis system on Bobby when I bought him. It wasn't that noisy, but I've never heard a stock system to compare. Not half as noisy as the custom Powerflow job that replaced it when the FGS got too holy to repair.
    S8RAH

I love all the stainless steel and those tight mandrels!

But $1000us is just crazy money.

Eh, Marcair! how about a 4 tip EMPI with a resonator?
    Pretty easy fab.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...#ht_1011wt_682

The Beat Sound

Guido mentioned something interesting earlier - that the main sound the driver hears is from the intake.

I've never driven another Beat than mine. Mine makes a loud rattling sound at speed between 4000 and 7000 rpm, especially at part throttle. It really cuts into the driving pleasure. It sounds like the valvetrain is coming apart, but of course it would have done so already, so I think it must be intake noise.

Question - is there any way of muffling it, short of a louder exhaust???? Would intake trumpets help? Does anyone else experience the same noises?

Past Hondas:
    1960 125cc Honda Benly CB92R
    1964 305cc Super Hawk CB77, the only vehicle I have ever bought new in my life!
    Honda CB160, roadraced as 175cc 1967-1970.
    Honda Lawnmower, bought used in 2003, caught fire and melted in 2005.

could it not be the clutch release bearing / clutch plate springs? there's an infamous rattle / chatter noise - ours used to do it between 3 to 4500rpm.
    we should make a selection of videos / sound clips to establish what 'normal' is LOL.
    Last edited by TADO; 13-03-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TADO View Post
    could it not be the clutch release bearing / clutch plate springs? there's an infamous rattle / chatter noise - ours used to do it between 3 to 4500rpm.
    we should make a selection of videos / sound clips to establish what 'normal' is LOL.

i'd think that I could hear clutch/throwout noise at low speeds though. My noise is only at highway speeds. But I will check again. What is the fix if that is the problem?

Past Hondas:

Is the noise constant at highway speeds? Can you alter the level with the throttle? What happens when you pass a large sided truck to the left or right? Listen for the bounce-back noise. This will help to define the location and maybe the source of the noise.

On the highway, Is the noise there if the engne is in neutral but at high RPS?
    On the highway, Is the noise there if the engne is in neutral but at low RPS?

Quote Originally Posted by steveinjapan View Post
    What is the fix if that is the problem?
    A new Clutch centre plate for spring rattle. (you would replace all 3 clutch parts)
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

Quote Originally Posted by marcair View Post
    Is the noise constant at highway speeds? Can you alter the level with the throttle? What happens when you pass a large sided truck to the left or right? Listen for the bounce-back noise. This will help to define the location and maybe the source of the noise.

On the highway, Is the noise there if the engne is in neutral but at high RPS?
    On the highway, Is the noise there if the engne is in neutral but at low RPS?
    The noise varies with throttle, starting at 1/4 throttle. With more throttle it is still there but overpowered by exhaust noise. This all happens only above 5500-6000 rpm.

Very hard to tell which side is louder - maybe a bit louder on the right side.

In neutral at speed I am fairly sure that it is not present, since it apparently depends on load.

I am starting to think it is an acoustic noise rather than mechanical, like an exhaust leak. Or else something loose that is resonant at high revs. However it also seems like it is coming from the top of the engine compartment because it's worse with the top and windows up.

Anyway, it was a beautiful morning for a drive and the expressway is tollfree for another few weeks ("social experiment" eliminated tolls since last summer, apparently an unsuccessful one!).

Past Hondas:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast