Thread: Testing times

Testing times

The little lady went for her annual check up today, everything is fine except for one item. The mot doc has found a slight problem with the front o/s shock. I suppose that requires a automotive hip replacement!! The next question is how rare are these?

As it is just an advisory she's got a ticket, so I can still have some fun. But I need to get a pair. Anyone got any??

I have just missed out on a pair on Ebay.......

hey rod
    theres a set of 4 on ebay at the moment but they arent cheap - 165+post off a breaker.

Front Dampers are still available from Honda, even thou there is no stock in europe.

Cost they are £234.25 inc VAT Each.
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

Thanks guy's for the info.
    The OEM parts from Honda are a little steep, even with my discount.
    So I asked one of my Japanese friends to search today, he's found 3 sets. At the moment the cheapest is £150 for all 4, but not including the tax and shipment. They seem to be from a miss order and look new!! Apart from replacing with new can these be refurbished at all? Of course it all depends on what's wrong in the first place.

If those are nearly new that's not bad, but usually used sets of shocks go for around 10,000 yen on Yahoo. (I checked around after giving my old ones away last year - too bad I did!). Problem is those things are heavy! Probably 25 kgs for 4, so shipping will be dear.

Past Hondas:
    1960 125cc Honda Benly CB92R
    1964 305cc Super Hawk CB77, the only vehicle I have ever bought new in my life!
    Honda CB160, roadraced as 175cc 1967-1970.
    Honda Lawnmower, bought used in 2003, caught fire and melted in 2005.

just a bit of food for thought - a fully adjustable set of coilovers would be about 600 delivered in the UK from Gaz. They custom-made a set for our beat last year so now have the specs etc. the basic ones are something like 500-600, the higher spec about 750 if i remember right. damping and height are both adjustable.
    if you're looking at a total cost including shipping from japan it might be worth considering and would give you tinkerability and uk servicing too.

Had some feedback today regarding the £150 set. They are original items bought to replace the existing one's, then the guy went and put some race spec units on. The actual cost is £150 each........which is consistent to what you guys are saying.........we surely lost something in the translation there!

I have another work mate who's got an adjustable set that he said I could have, we are trying to get hold of him this weekend. But with what's going on in Japan, I not going to try too hard at the moment, as they have other needs to sort out first.

Still looking..........I'll let you know.

Complete set in my garage Rod if your interested.

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>
    >>>gone, but not forgotten<<<

Thanks Mylee, I sent a PM to you.

Replied by email

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>
    >>>gone, but not forgotten<<<