Thread: code 9

code 9

Hi All,Ive fitted a new cam sensor.The old one had insulation ouzing out.However,code 9 still comes up.Cam and distributor timings spot on.I've since replaced the ECU and guess what?Code 9 still pops up.Car goes much better now that new ECU fitted.Management light on means"OK to drive but take to agent to investigate".Flashing light is more serious."Drive immediately to a place of safety and call for assistance".If you continue driving with a flashing light,you will damage the catalytic converter due to unburnt fuel in the exhaust.This is usually caused by a failed plug or lead,hence the fuel/air doesn't get burned,enters the VERY hot cat and melts it.As a retired AA patrol,I have seen this happen in just 10 miles.It's usually accompanied by a chronic misfire,especially on a 3 cylinder engine,so you wouldn't ignore it. Now then,can someone tell me the readings I should have at the cam sensor plug,with the ignition on?I'm currently getting 0v and 0.25v dc. I'm always happy to talk on 01626 879252 though useful info can still be available to all.Otherwise she's a little red beauty,but I can't sell it like this,or can I?Any takers?Cheers Dave.

Another One!

Sounds exactly like my one: http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=3217

I have finally found someone to loan me a spare ECU and that has not fixed it either!

Like your Beat mine also runs sweet!

I've cut the wire that goes to the bulb and put a plug in line so I can still plug it back together read other codes if need be. Having said that I'd still like to get to the bottom of it!

Good luck, I'll be following this with interest!

Unhappy code 9

Frustrating,isn't it?Especially as I want to sell it.AS I have changed the ECU,then either:-some other component puts up the same code or ............?The system is the same as the PGMI used on the old Rover/Honda crossover range.That's when they were the same car with different badges,with the K series or Honda engines,right up to the V6.The blink codes were the forerunner to the 16 pin EOBD socket(European OnBoard Diagnostic).The advantage of the EOBD socket being that you can take live readings of sensors,such as lamda and injector dwell,without having to probe wires. Somebody put me out of my misery,PLEASE. Dave.

code 9

ps.Other codes(heaven forbid)won't be masked by the code 9.If you check for blink codes ,they will run one-after-the-other.ie 9,14,3,9,14,3,9,14,3.Dave.