Thread: CAT / Exhaust

CAT / Exhaust

Hello everyone.
    Was out enjoying the sun today when without warning sounded like the exhaust fell off!!! I've not been able to have a proper look but a quick glance revealed that the pipe between the exhaust joint and the cat has completely sheered. Is there another joint at the cat? Can I remove the cat covers (there appears to be some bolts)? I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow but any initial thoughts would be most welcome. Alan.

hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	1986  

cat/exhaust

Thanks for the diagram. Having now had a look (of course I can't get the heat shields off!!) it would appear the faulty part is 11 on the diagram ie the short pipe that connects the cat to the exhaust. The flange appears to still be attached to the cat but the pipe has "pulled out". Should the flange be welded to the pipe? or does it just pull the two pieces together? The bell end of the pipe appears to be intact. Any answers gratefully received. Alan

This bit

This bit. Looks to me like it should be welded. Anyone know where I might get this done in the Ipswich area? Alan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	this bit.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	1987