Thread: Radiator nightmare

Radiator nightmare

Helllo! After a long time quiet on this forum I'm here begging help and advice! The Beat I bought hadn't been miss used but definately neglected and after replacing brake discs/pads I discovered what used to be the radiator! It leaks in two places and is corroding before my eyes! I think at some point something has crashed into it and just left a whopping big hole!

I've searched and can't find a universal part number (please correct me on that if I'm having a blonde moment) or any for sale. Its also so difficult to know who would do a good job on a refurb (or whatever the terminology is!) if that is my only option. Can anyone help me please!!!
    If at first you don't suceed, skydiving isn't for you...

hi cass!
    nice to see you back here again.
    im pretty sure that any decent radiator place would be able to re-core your rad for you - you can upgrade it to double core at the same time too.
    should be a lot cheaper than trying to get one from honda or japan.

Quote Originally Posted by flamingo View Post
    ! It leaks in two places and is corroding before my eyes! I think at some point something has crashed into it and just left a whopping big hole!
    That sounds like the usual demise of a Beat radiator. Just falls apart starting with the core.

Radiator is no longer available new from Honda and buying one from Japhoo may just be close to the falling apart stage, so your best route is to find a radiator place that will either build you a complete rad or re-core your old one.
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

Quote Originally Posted by flamingo View Post
    Helllo! After a long time quiet on this forum I'm here begging help and advice! The Beat I bought hadn't been miss used but definately neglected and after replacing brake discs/pads I discovered what used to be the radiator! It leaks in two places and is corroding before my eyes! I think at some point something has crashed into it and just left a whopping big hole!

I've searched and can't find a universal part number (please correct me on that if I'm having a blonde moment) or any for sale. Its also so difficult to know who would do a good job on a refurb (or whatever the terminology is!) if that is my only option. Can anyone help me please!!!
    Hiya,
    I know it is a distance away , but, I had mine recored by Newquay radiators last year at a cost of about £110, I think if I had shopped around I could have had it done cheaper but they were close by. I imagine any radiator recorers would be able to do it. Most do it same day service.
    A true sports car should be designed so that when you sit in it you can put your arm over the side and touch your knuckles on the ground.

I`ve bought my new rad last jear at Jahoo. No probs and affordeble.
    Here is a used one:http://page21.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/j135433661
    Good luck.
    You meet the nicest people in a HONDA!

Thanks for the info!

Gonna follow some previously read directions for translating and using the jap auctions and see if it's feesable but I do think finding a good garage is my best option. I'm willing to travel anywhere in the UK to get the best job! All my local garages look at me like I'm from out of space when I tell them what car i have!
    If at first you don't suceed, skydiving isn't for you...

It looks like the one Guido mentioned didn't sell and is back: http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c296050061

Probly cost you 100 quid all in.

Past Hondas:
    1960 125cc Honda Benly CB92R
    1964 305cc Super Hawk CB77, the only vehicle I have ever bought new in my life!
    Honda CB160, roadraced as 175cc 1967-1970.
    Honda Lawnmower, bought used in 2003, caught fire and melted in 2005.

I don't imagine it would be cheap but these people build radiators to measure.

www.serckservicesmotorsport.co.uk