Thread: Insurance

Insurance

I've just had a renewal invite for my Beat insurance. Very large hike since last year. I'm with Premium Search. Any recommendations for a good / cheap insurer for the Beat as I've found mainstream companies not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by suffolkboy View Post
    I've just had a renewal invite for my Beat insurance. Very large hike since last year. I'm with Premium Search. Any recommendations for a good / cheap insurer for the Beat as I've found mainstream companies not interested.
    Hiya,
    I insure mine online through the policy shop, they sort it out with Highway imports and the result is fully comp, protected, with 2 named drivers for a tad over £200 per year.
    May be worth trying.
    Nick
    A true sports car should be designed so that when you sit in it you can put your arm over the side and touch your knuckles on the ground.

give hic and flux a call I know they insure beats as had my old one with them

dunno about the usual suspects like admiral may be worth having a word

insurance

Thanks for the input.

Cheapest quote so far £230 from Adrian Flux

About to try HIC

Cheap(ish) insurance

Hi there, perhaps too late but I insure mine on a Classic Car policy with Sureterm Direct £195.22. (with AXA Ins 5K miles/yr £100 excess)

0845 20 20 230

Based in Huntingdon, Cambs

Cheers, John

Renewal

Since posting I have had my renewal with SURE and it was £650 and was £195 this year!!! They said they had terminated the classic policies. I called Flux and they did it for £230 with a lower excess, uninsured losses ins, 12 months breakdown cover and agreed valuation. I was happy with that.... Cheers, John

Insurance

Have a try with Performance Direct, I pay £175 fully comp.

Insurance

Its gone mental - I live in London and I'm my forties , just had a quote from Sureterm Direct for £2,500! - Performance Direct over £1000, last year I was paying £337 with Adrian Flux and jubilee, this year they want £474....guess its my postcode, only car, and not garaged that's doing the damage...

Quote Originally Posted by Benjpb View Post
    Its gone mental - I live in London and I'm my forties , just had a quote from Sureterm Direct for £2,500! - Performance Direct over £1000, last year I was paying £337 with Adrian Flux and jubilee, this year they want £474....guess its my postcode, only car, and not garaged that's doing the damage...
    It sounds like UK insurers are adopting pricing strategies from their US cousins. Lucky you!

Past Hondas:
    1960 125cc Honda Benly CB92R
    1964 305cc Super Hawk CB77, the only vehicle I have ever bought new in my life!
    Honda CB160, roadraced as 175cc 1967-1970.
    Honda Lawnmower, bought used in 2003, caught fire and melted in 2005.

ben with flux they do that did it to me on my mx5 import I did a few quotes on confused and rung round got price right down went back to them and they did it cheaper

I've used Flux in the past - always seem to come out cheapest - especially if you have a good quote from somewhere else for them to compete with.

Flux maybe the cheapest, but they are shite when it comes to dealing with claims.

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>
    >>>gone, but not forgotten<<<

Used Flux before, never again, they may be cheap but they want to know the inns and outs of a fart, not worth the hassle.
    Scotty D

Oh dear, just recently renewed with Flux, got 40% off, better not have a knock then. Didn't fancy a Meercat.
    Simples!!!

With Flux too until September. Kinda worried Bought their breakdown cover, left the lights on a while ago and they flattened the battery. Called flux rescue and advised 50 mins wait. Actually was 2.5hrs and just needed to jump it. Could have got a taxi home and collected my portable jump pack! Already decided to use another breakdown at renewal, now considering the insurance too. True test of a good insurance co is the way they deal with claims when you need their help I guess. Anyone can take money off you these days but they need to do something in return. Flux did agree a value (for a fee) but now with a dilema to 'multicar' and Admiral will cover the Beat but won't agree its value. I can insure 3 cars for the price of 2. Others who agree a value won't multicar.