Thread: Overfuelling with attitude

Overfuelling with attitude

I don't know if this could happen with a Beat but I thought I'd let you know just in case. It involved a 1995 civic which had been running albeit with a rev limit of 4000 rpm before it was parked up. The car had also been messed about by a previous owner. When I tried to start it it turned but wouldn't fire then suddenly stopped turning. I removed the plugs and tried another spin whereupon huge quantities of petrol sprayed out of the plug holes. Further investigation showed that as soon as the ignition was switched on all four injectors locked open pouring fuel into the engine causing a hydraulic lock. A brief substitution of an ecu fron a 1990 Accord which has similar connections enabled the engine to run well enough to prove the original faulty.

Faulty/leaking capacitors in the ecu have been known to over-fuel?

Whatever the cause, that's one problem I'd prefer not to ever have.

I was going to make an irrelevant post anyway so the title here has is"duelling with attitude": There are not many big American cars here in Okinawa, and darn few hot Japanese cars either since there's no place to drive fast. So I really blinked a few times when a replicar 427 Cobra pulled alongside at a turn. I gave the drivers a "thumbs up", but he barely returned a sneer. A little arithmetic makes his engine (7 litres) more than 10 times the displacement of a Beat. The ultimate attitude car, for sure.
    Last edited by steveinjapan; 23-09-2011 at 12:53 PM.

Past Hondas:
    1960 125cc Honda Benly CB92R
    1964 305cc Super Hawk CB77, the only vehicle I have ever bought new in my life!
    Honda CB160, roadraced as 175cc 1967-1970.
    Honda Lawnmower, bought used in 2003, caught fire and melted in 2005.

Most of our roads are narrow (and we have an Island wide speed limit of 35 mph/57kph). Imagine the scene. You are stopped at a red light in your Beat behind a cyclist or two, traffic the other side is nose to tail, behind you the driver of a --- name any large expensive performance car is impatiently blipping the throttle. The lights change. You zip off, overtaking easily. Looking back in your mirror you see the other car still behind the bike because it is too big to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by LawrenceHarding View Post
    Most of our roads are narrow (and we have an Island wide speed limit of 35 mph/57kph). Imagine the scene. You are stopped at a red light in your Beat behind a cyclist or two, traffic the other side is nose to tail, behind you the driver of a --- name any large expensive performance car is impatiently blipping the throttle. The lights change. You zip off, overtaking easily. Looking back in your mirror you see the other car still behind the bike because it is too big to pass.
    Must be a very satisfying situation

Wow - that 35 mph speed limit on Guernsey makes Okinawa seem like Daytona. Can't remember who said it, but there are definitely places where small is beautiful.

In addition to meeting the monster Cobra, I also came upon the twin of my car, a very clean silver "Z" with original pepperpots. It was parked in front of some apartments not far from my house, so I took some photos of the two cars together and will go over today and slip them inside.

Past Hondas:
    1960 125cc Honda Benly CB92R
    1964 305cc Super Hawk CB77, the only vehicle I have ever bought new in my life!
    Honda CB160, roadraced as 175cc 1967-1970.
    Honda Lawnmower, bought used in 2003, caught fire and melted in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by steveinjapan View Post
    Can't remember who said it, but there are definitely things where small is beautiful

Mrs Mylee said it

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>
    >>>gone, but not forgotten<<<

If you fancy a cobra that's been cut down to size have a look here http://www.themotorreport.com.au/gal...babycobra15jpg