Thread: e07z conversion

e07z conversion

ignoring the body kit and wheels, i really like this.
    i like the way its still 660cc, still an e07 engine and it looks pretty tidy too.
    thoughts? in some ways i guess its a lot of hassle for not a huge amount more power compared to a b16 conversion or something like that... but then thats probably not really the point!

http://www.provile.co.jp/index.php?%...83%BC%E3%83%88

lots more info on the owners blog here (google-translate time! pics of the conversion around page 13 onwards):
    http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/429883/blog/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1-1.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	2058   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	2059  

Turbo or supercharged

Adding a turbo can help boost the performance by quit a lot, the restrictions with the old E07A lump can be the temperature generated and the already quite high compression ratio. With some good strong modified pistons and intercooling you could run 1 bar boost which can return over 100bhp.

I have purchased a small Japanese Super charger which is going to replace the the Air con pump (Bye Bye air con ) And then I am going to install a water cooled inter cooler which similar system to the Turbo MR2. Hopefully if I can sort out the fueling should be able to boost the low end power and torque on the little beat!!!
    Beatproducts UK

gearing?

9k rpm = 140kph regardless of power.
    gets there quicker i suppose?

i've been muling over the turbo route as well.
    Was thinking of putting it right before the muffler, but figuring out the fuel maps and boost control is what worries me.
    Anyone know of a good piggyback / EMS system that works with the beat? I'm not sure if Hondata works.

and the gearing works fine for me. I think we're just a bit concerned about the acceleration of the beat. a good turbo will sort that out in a jiffy.
    anything over 120kph and it starts to get a bit wobbly

Cool Turbo or not Turbo

Good valid points, with a turbo on board longer gear ratios would work as the extra power will allow for this. It may be it little more work to sort the box, if better low end grunt is required the supercharger route would be easier and all you have to do is sacrifice your air con . I need to check into fueling this could be as easy as increasing the fuel pressure or may need new higher flow injectors
    Beatproducts UK

for the gearing, im guessing they do the Today ratio switch - this is from the provile site:

"By today exchanged for a 5-speed, engine speed is 500 rpm lower speed if the same five-speed. Reduction in engine noise when cruising This 5-speed, I get benefits such as improved fuel economy."

i think RSMach also do a switch with 3,4,5 being Today gears.

beatproducts - supercharging sounds great. have you seen the speedhunters article on the supercharged beat? http://speedhunters.com/archive/2011...onda-beat.aspx
    very nifty!

ive seen people using motec and greddy on minkara, and the cappo folk use the adaptronic system - i know don was curious about using it on a beat too.

we took ours to this place the other day: www.rdt.tv to sort out the valve guides once and for all. will, the guy that runs it was very keen to explore the possibilities for the engine and it's booked in for the 12th dec for further examination.

I never knew about the Today gear switch.
    Are the transmissions between the Today and Beat the same?
    I see RSmach does a final gear change which could bring the rpms down quite a bit. Looks fairly expensive though.
    Surgeon also has a final gear, but doesn't tell us what the ratio is. http://www.surgeon.co.jp/orijinaru_pa-tu_c.html

Is the Today final gear identical?
    If so, I could see if I could order the gears from honda directly, hopefully cheaper.
    would help with the highway driving.
    Last edited by maiku; 17-11-2011 at 07:42 PM.

im not sure if theyre exactly the same but its definitely done fairly often over there - my friend on minkara recently posted about it (doesnt make much sense through translate tho!):
    http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/...4734/note.aspx

its so frustrating thats theres such a huge amount of info out there that we cant read properly
    i could try and ask exactly what parts are needed to switch in the 5th gear as it would be great for motorway driving.

I just did a quick check on transmission ratios

Link

If we put the RSMach final drive gear of 4.687, we can cruise at 100kph @ 4000 rpm compared to the 5000 rpm right now.
    I assume any competent shop can replace the final gear.
    I'm now concerned about how it would affect drivability and acceleration
    Last edited by maiku; 17-11-2011 at 08:46 PM.

Turbo or supercharged

Thanks guys there is some great stuff there, is the final drive kit still available I would like to get one for my spare gearbox, also that web site shows the piston set would would be great for running high boost. Being a mid engine car inter cooling is difficult. I am considering installing a water cooled inter cooler system which allows a front mounted radiator. Or having a air ducting system to force air over a rear mounted cooler.

My blower is with me and the weapon is an Asin AMR 500 charger it in the size of two soft drink cans. Ultimate target would be 12 PSI boost and 120 BHP!!! If that can be done with the old lump should make the little car even more fun to drive. Got a Mugen body kit in the garage just need to find some time to bolt it all together and away we go :
    Beatproducts UK

it's quite easy getting a turbo setup in a beat did start mocking up parts on mine before ti got wrote off with everything laid out and planned I think power was predicted to be doubled quite easily

I emailed the surgeon company about the final gear and they said it's no longer in production
    I think rsmach has the only one on sale, which is a whopping 84,000 yen.
    If i get enough funds, I'll combine it with a CUCSO LSD while the transmission is open.

Just another update

rsmach no longer sells the final gear conversion...

i'm not sure who else can source them now