Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: alternative audio solution?

Yeah I'm aware of that. I was of the understanding that an ohm meter would give a reading perhaps around an ohm lower then the true impedance?
    I can't put my dash back together till I sought this out and there is no labeling on the dash drivers so I'm doing whatever it takes to get to the bottom of this.
    From what I've calculated 3 drivers in parallel always end up with a miniscule overall impedence so this makes problem seem to make no sense at any stage.
    If someone could place a multimeter across one of the full range drivers in a dash pod we would at least have a ball park figure to work with. I could replace them with similar impedence drivers and I might at least have the peace of mind that it was more or less the same end impedence as factory.

My back up plan would be to get component speakers for the doors and use the tweeters that they come with in the pods replacing the factory tweeters. Then wire two 8 ohm full ranges in parallel in each pod and run those as the front channels,and the pod tweeter and door speakers as rear.

It would fix up this mess though I was hoping to maintain the audio wiring as close to factory as possible. Was keen to hear how the "sky speakers" sounded with the crazy wiring configuration.

Would this JBL be a good replacement to the Gathers unit?

http://www.amazon.com/JBL-Bluetooth-...ywords=jbl+175

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12