Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB : zebra seat material

Once you get the cover off you'll probabley find the foam is damaged. The metal frame in the foam eats its way out of the seat, through the seat cover and eventually into your bum!

I used some thin foam, from a camping mat, built up in layers, stuck together with evo-stick, to repair it (like a 3D contour map) , then sanded it back to the correct shape:

The last 2 pics are from doing the seat base (didn't have enough fabric to redo that one) but the bolster on the seat back was about the same. Here's a pic of the finished job:

how the hell did you get the wire clips back on?
    took passenger seat apart today, that was bad enough!
    going in to see upholsterer next week, possibly replacing both seat squabs with grey/black & using material from these to repair D/S back bolster.

Just buy new one, they are hog rings

http://www.frost.co.uk/automotive-in...hog-rings.html

You can fit then without the special pliers easy enough with normal / long nose pliers
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

thanks, may give it a go unless matey boy's price is OK

I just used small cable ties

Beecee and fxdlidon - please bear with me a few more days because I just found an upholsterer and made an appointment for the coming Saturday since I can't leave the car until then.

My Japanese isn't that hot, so if he told me which pieces he wants to use, I didn't get it. Anyway, there will be plenty left over and I will get the pieces you need posted first thing next Monday.

Steve

Past Hondas:
    1960 125cc Honda Benly CB92R
    1964 305cc Super Hawk CB77, the only vehicle I have ever bought new in my life!
    Honda CB160, roadraced as 175cc 1967-1970.
    Honda Lawnmower, bought used in 2003, caught fire and melted in 2005.

No rush on my end , cheers .

recycled zebra skin

I had a feeling that the upholsterer wasn't really understanding what I wanted even though my wife explained it in perfect Japanese, and I wasn't thrilled by the work, but this is what I got:

https://picasaweb.google.com/okistev...eat=directlink

New foam in most places and some great extra lumbar support (I took a pattern from an old desk chair that never gives me a backache). Wifey made me the central pocket protector from a scrap.

Now other pieces from the same donor are on the way to fxdlidon and beecee. I still have some scraps left over that won't make a full panel but good enough to patch in.

Past Hondas:

Received mine today ,many thanks , pocket looks good .

Thumbs up

That's a funky looking pocket. Looks like you should have better lower back support from the seat now.

I noticed the tubes fitted onto the seat belt guides. I've done a similar thing myself after getting frustrated at how many times the belt slipped out.

The PO had glued the plastic cover with pockets onto the cassette box cover but the original used mesh for the pocket that always tangled the sunglasses and pens etc.

The drivers seat is 100% comfier now. Not just the back support, also some new foam on the seat squab made a world of difference. Maybe a tad thicker than original and it feels something like memory foam. I've had a back problem since falling off a ladder 30 years ago and I was using one of those funky wire-frame lumbar supports in the Beat which pushed me forward taking up precious legroom. Now I can drive for hours with no pain.

Past Hondas:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12