Ok, as some of you may have heard, I was planning on entering Pikes Peak this year, but after some suggestions that I will be in need of a motor rebuild after extended high rpm/g-force driving, and the fact that my wife is due with our 3rd child the same month as the race, I've decided to pass.

Its to bad...but it turns out Pikes Peak will for the first time be ALL pavement this year as well, and the entries have DOUBLED. The will also have to hold qualifiying for each class to limit the entries. No way the little 660cc would make it anyway! Next year it will be a 2 day even where they can have more entries again.

So, it all turns out for the best I guess. I've planned instead to go on a highway trip with my brothers. My brothers both drive motorcycles, and the Beat is like a 4 wheel motorcycle anyway. They drive respectivly around 65mp/h or so crusing. (KTM Duke 690 and Piaggio MP3 500).

Its in the Canadian Rocky Mountains as well, so I'll have to take it easy on the little motor up those steep hills.

If we go for a 2000 mile drive, at 65mp/h or so (5000+ rpm) all day long, will this destroy my motor?