Thread: URgENT Help Main Relay

URgENT Help Main Relay

I have access to the main relay and have disconnected it from the wiring loom however it is attached to the car via a bracket, I am following these instructions:

http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthr...&threadid=1685

and they say to just unclip the main relay.

Can anyone explain how to remove the main relay from the car, do you just pull it or do you have to remove the bracket?

I'm at this stage:

http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/attachm...6&d=1141938679

Thanks,
    Scott.
    Last edited by scottyd; 28-03-2012 at 03:50 PM.
    Scotty D

never done mine but aren't they like the indicator relays where the bracket slots onto casing?
    or just unscrew bracket fixing then you can see how it should come off?

Thanks, I'll give it a shot sliding it off. If it fails i'l try to remove the bracket, just that the bracket is held on by what looks like a bolt except it is very round and i'm not sure if I have a spanner that will work.

EDIT, Yes you were right it does slide off the bracket upwards, however I just removed the bracket so I did not damage anything since I wasn't sure at the time whether it did or not.

Now for the soldering.....
    Last edited by scottyd; 28-03-2012 at 04:14 PM.
    Scotty D

It means someone was messing with it before you, from memory it should be a 10mm spanner to take it off. Just resolder the joints and you will be fine, or if you have a spare civic one that fits too.
    I have a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    It means someone was messing with it before you, from memory it should be a 10mm spanner to take it off. Just resolder the joints and you will be fine, or if you have a spare civic one that fits too.
    I have used an early 90s Accord main relay in a 95 Civic and Preludes from the same era appear to have the same terminals. Steve could probably provide an authoratative answer but I suspect this could be a common part albeit perhaps with a different bracket.