Thread: Rear Bass booster speaker not working

Rear Bass booster speaker not working

I have replaced the Gathers unit with a Radio/CD unit. Connection to the exhisting loom is via a ISO adaptor.
    The door speakers work OK, the dash ones are in several degrees of decay, as anticipated, and connected as Rear speakers, as detailed in other people posts. However, the Rear single speaker-amplifier has stopped working where before the change was fully functional. Is it because the ISO connection do not have a feed to this unit or what?
    Your suggestions are appreciated.

you've answered your own question.....
    even with the loom laid out bare in front of you, you'd struggle to understand it , it bears no resemblance to an ISO connection

As the ISO to Clarion loom adaptor cable seems to feed all the door and dash speakers correctly, I would have expected the rear bass, which must get its signals from these outputs, to also works. Maybe a separate power supply is not fed to this speaker's amplifier by the ISO connection?
    As some of you seem to have done such sterling work on the Beat sound system wiring, I would really welcome a wiring connection diagram of the rear bass system input socket.
    Thank you in anticipation.
    Robert

not too sure if you'll find a diagram as such for Amp?
    back of unit...
    http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=2155

if you read the last few threads you'll realise how far from simple the wiring is.
    when you open up the looms there are several wires that are 'piggy-backed' between HU & Amp back towards the front & also the 2 bigger speakers in the dash pod are crossed ie connected to 1 in each side & tweeters are connected to the other.....i think

a lot work for me but definitely worth it, 20 yr old speakers just don't cut it anymore

The ISO probably has the sub amp trigger wire in the wrong place. Use the above diagram to locate which wire it is and ensure it is feed to the right connection. The sub amp draws its signal off the L/R door speakers so the trigger wire is all you have to interfere with. After that it should work. Disregard the extra AVL wire.
    I went though the same thing a few months ago, it can all be found within this website with a bit of searching.