Thread: Radiator help...urgent!!!

Radiator help...urgent!!!

Hi my mechanic has removed the rad as it is very poor hoping to have a new core but the recorers are unable to do anything as there is a plastic part which cannot be attached to the new core. Anybody suggest an alternative rad to adapt? Honda have discontinued them Cheers, John

What plastic part is causing the problem? I've just had a look at a Beat rad and the only plastic bits are the headers, are yours OK? Any chance of uploading photos?

Hi, yes it's the plastic tanks top and bottom which attach to the core. They are ok. I will try other recorers. I see someone on here used a company in Newquay so I will contact them. Don't want to go the route of a copy!!!! Thanks I will let you know what happens. Cheers. John

Some one on here used Newquay Radiators to recore theirs so I sent mine off last Wednesday and on Friday morning I had a call to say it was completed and that they were shipping it back. It cost £215 incl shipping back. Because of the Bank Holiday it arrived Tuesday morning. Very well packaged, bubble wrap and a box in a box etc. It looks brand new! A very professional job having been resprayed too. My mechanic is coming over today so soon I will be able to put it to the test. I took the opportunity to de-rust the spare wheel tray and spray it with black enamel. Thought the jack looked a little rough too so a coat of silver spray really spruced it up. With an empty(ish) bay and because I'm a bit obsessive I cleaned and polished the red bits in it and looking at it now I am glad I did. The mechanic is also going to change all the discs and pads as they are shot and replace the CV boots with Daihatsu Terios ones (Thanks for info Steve M). I asked him about giving it a service and he said he could oblige. He works at my Honda dealer and has worked on my cars since 1990. It has mainly involved servicing, brakes, exhausts and fitting accessories etc (alarms, armrests, park assists...) Without fail his work has been superb. The cars have been utterly reliable preventing major stuff being necessary. For its MOT in July it failed because the number plate illuminator wasn't working but Russ, the mechanic took it apart, shone up the contacts and hey presto! We looked at it from below and he was amazed how sound it was. Looked pretty good to me for 21!! Can't wait to take it out again. Sorry about the ramblings...........
    Last edited by gymm; 29-08-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Oh..... Thanks obiwanwasabe for telling me about Newquay Radiators (http://www.carradiator.co.uk/)

No problem, glad to be of help.
    Quote Originally Posted by gymm View Post
    Oh..... Thanks obiwanwasabe for telling me about Newquay Radiators (http://www.carradiator.co.uk/)
    A true sports car should be designed so that when you sit in it you can put your arm over the side and touch your knuckles on the ground.