Thread: In Japan!!

In Japan!!

This week, Im in the land of the Beat!!

Have spent it in Tochigi at Honda R&D, for the first time and I cant believe how many Beats I see every day on my way into the office!

In probably every different varient, colour and converted flavour. Type F, C and Z. Mugen kits etc. etc.

What with all the other Kei cars running about, Unfortunatelty all these cars makes the 12km bus ride to the office takes 50 minutes, its just one long queue of honda cars with Honda motorcycle running down the side of them.

But its good to see so many Beats so fit and well here.

Interesting I spoke with the guys I am meeting here with and mentioned the fact that so many Beat original parts are being discontinued and they told me thats because there is a very health aftermarket supply of beat parts, so its not a worry in Japan, So best you all come for a visit when you need a part or two.

One more day and its fairwell and a long 15hr journey back home. (3hrs bus ride and 12 hr flight)
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

Good to hear there are lots of good Beats on the mainland. I happened to come across one for sale today down here in Okinawa that should have gone to the knackers.

Hope you'll take time out for some great food!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_M View Post
    This week, Im in the land of the Beat!!

Have spent it in Tochigi at Honda R&D, for the first time and I cant believe how many Beats I see every day on my way into the office!

In probably every different varient, colour and converted flavour. Type F, C and Z. Mugen kits etc. etc.

What with all the other Kei cars running about, Unfortunatelty all these cars makes the 12km bus ride to the office takes 50 minutes, its just one long queue of honda cars with Honda motorcycle running down the side of them.

But its good to see so many Beats so fit and well here.

Interesting I spoke with the guys I am meeting here with and mentioned the fact that so many Beat original parts are being discontinued and they told me thats because there is a very health aftermarket supply of beat parts, so its not a worry in Japan, So best you all come for a visit when you need a part or two.

One more day and its fairwell and a long 15hr journey back home. (3hrs bus ride and 12 hr flight)

Past Hondas:
    1960 125cc Honda Benly CB92R
    1964 305cc Super Hawk CB77, the only vehicle I have ever bought new in my life!
    Honda CB160, roadraced as 175cc 1967-1970.
    Honda Lawnmower, bought used in 2003, caught fire and melted in 2005.

very jealous steve - have a great time and a safe trip back!

Jealous here too, Steve!! The last time I was in Tokyo at the Honda Centre down town I bought a brand new NSX!!! Sadly only a diecast model in a case but at least it went in my luggage.

Quote Originally Posted by gymm View Post
    The last time I was in Tokyo at the Honda Centre down town I bought a brand new NSX!!! Sadly only a diecast model in a case
    You had me going for a sec!

Steve you are a lucky man. Good to hear there is so many original beats around. I hope they some day make a replacement as it seems like is still has a strong following, it would be silly if they did not make a new version!

Quote Originally Posted by unclejemima View Post
    I hope they some day make a replacement as it seems like is still has a strong following, it would be silly if they did not make a new version!
    you probably wont have too long to wait now

wonder if steve can shed any more light or info on the ev-ster?