Thread: Got my car back from Bodyshop!

Got my car back from Bodyshop!

Got my car back from the bodyshop this week and the weather has been terrible. This morning was the first time I could take any pictures in daylight and relatively dry weather!

I had the car fully resprayed, undersealed, BC racing coilovers put on, new roof, new alloy wheels (13 front, 14 back) and my double DIN "Beat" stereo put in as a small touch.

Here's some pictures, I will get some proper pictures up once the weather clears up and the car is cleaned, not soon by the looks of things haha:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0118.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	208.5 KB 
ID:	2167

Name:	IMAG0119.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	197.1 KB 
ID:	2168

Name:	IMAG0121.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	206.4 KB 
ID:	2169

Name:	IMAG0123.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	204.6 KB 
ID:	2170

Name:	IMAG0125.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	197.7 KB 
ID:	2171

The only thing left to do is put the car in for a full Hunter wheel alignment which I have booked in for next saturday to make sure everything is spot on.

The paint is still in the curing stage so I need to take care when and how I clean it, so I bought myself lots of car care products such as "Dodo juice" ph neutral wax free car wash, two grit pad buckets and car cloths/sheepskin mitt to try and keep the finish as new as possible.

Thanks,
    Scott.
    Scotty D

Looking good

I lost interest as soon as i saw 'car care products'

that looks really nice!! congrats!
    its great to see all these beats getting the treatment.

Thanks for the nice commets!

I'm just so happy having the car back!
    Scotty D

you got PM

Car looks great Scott! You should be really proud of all your efforts! Worth doing as it looks so good. What is the audio you have fitted? I still have the original gathers unit which I reckon is on borrowed time now. (I have learned how to make it do what I want it to but my way is different to the instruction manual.) Cheers, John

Thanks Gymm!

The centre console surround bit is a Cozy lights part which OZSamurai got for me around 6 years ago which is double DIN size, and the head unit is a Beat 690 6.1" touch screen and DVD player which I bought for £150 including the mounting cage (normally not supplied) which I thought was a bargain from here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1707943943...84.m1423.l2649
    Scotty D

Cheers thx, have favourited the ebay site for the future. Good to know there are always ways to renew bits which might be hard to come by. Wheels with the red tape stripe look the business too!

Not sure your fog light is in the correct position, could be an issue come MOT time

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>
    >>>gone, but not forgotten<<<

I think you are right Mylee, funny though is that the people who positioned that at the Honda garage are the same people who MOT the car!

What I read is that it is supposed to be between the centreline and the offside (right) of the car.

When the weather gets dry I plan on fitting my thin LED fog strip to the right hand side upper bumper slit so it is incognito!

Well spotted!
    Scotty D

Just convert the drivers side reverse lamp in to a fog lamp by re-wiring and fitting a red LED bulb, thou not totally legal, an MOT tester is only looking for a red lamp on the rear when switching the foglamp switch.

Its a nuch neater solution.
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.