Thread: Beat Exhaust

Beat Exhaust

The time has come to replace the exhaust on our Honda Beat (PP1).

Can anyone help with info on current cost and likely availability of a Beat exhaust via Honda UK, and/or any suitable aftermarket exhausts available in the UK (not sure I can manage ordering stuff from Japanese-language sites).

Genuine silencer still available via Honda UK, Thou no stock in Europe, so would come from Japan. ETA 29/03/13

Part number 18307-SS1-013 @ £112.91 Inc VAT.
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

If you are happy with the original, that's a pretty good price. Otherwise you are looking at 4-6 times more for an aftermarket exhaust.

Past Hondas:
    1960 125cc Honda Benly CB92R
    1964 305cc Super Hawk CB77, the only vehicle I have ever bought new in my life!
    Honda CB160, roadraced as 175cc 1967-1970.
    Honda Lawnmower, bought used in 2003, caught fire and melted in 2005.

Price from Honda looks fine to me. The 'wait' is a bit of a pain. I'd advise other owners to consider ordering too and have it ready. Yes, not ideal but your insurance won't be suspended during the wait so why wait until it goes? I had one (solid nearly new second hand) ready and was swapped in minutes. Depends if you can put up with unknown delivery and unable to drive it when you could. Realistically looking at several week's process minimum I reckon...... Quicker a bonus, but who knows????

Thank-you for replies Steve M, steveinjapan and gymm.

Have just ordered part number as advised by Steve M from the Honda dealer in Ashford (Kent), price and ETA exactly as described.

Once I'd got past the usual "Beat, Sir? I don't think you'll find that's a Honda Sir" and the parts chappie actually looked up the part number on the 'puter, all was well :-)

Fingers crossed that the current exhaust lasts until April (although I'm reasonably confident). At the last MOT the end of the tail pipe was shot to pieces and the rest was a bit like a colander in parts. To keep her going the tail section was replaced with a tail pipe cut off a deceased Skoda exhaust and the holes have been patched up! So far so good.

Quite pleased with the price to be honest, trawling back through the archives here I'd been a bit alarmed at the price of aftermarket exhausts, and that was from posts from quite a few years ago. Fortunately, the original spec exhaust is fine for our needs.

Thanks again all.

Hi Ive got a Stainless steal exhaust made to the beat specs With a life time guarantee made by welsh cost customs if your interested its up for £150 delivered.
    hondabeat@hotmail.co.uk
    GwentMotorBreakers@live.co.uk

Maybe I should have followed up professor's offer, original spec exhaust as ordered from JCB Honda in Ashford on 15th January has still not arrived.

Have just enquired with them again and they say that the original delivery estimate of 29th March has now slipped to 30th August.

Ho hum, at least the current 'patched up colander' is still holding out :-)

Quote Originally Posted by professor View Post
    Hi Ive got a Stainless steal exhaust made to the beat specs With a life time guarantee made by welsh cost customs if your interested its up for £150 delivered.
    hondabeat@hotmail.co.uk
    GwentMotorBreakers@live.co.uk
    Do you have any pics of this exhaust ?

Just to round off this thread, the exhaust for our PP1, ordered through Honda UK on 15th January 2013 was delivered on 10th August 2013. Unfortunately just too late for this year's MOT, so some creativity with a Pepsi-Max can and some Jubilee clips was required to get her through this year

However, the new exhaust was fitted today at Cranbrook Tyre and Exhaust Centre in Kent (where I always get great service), and all is now well on the exhaust front - hurrah!

Glad you got your exhaust....... eventually!! Wow Jan - Aug and an MOT midway. Yes your adapting of a can brings back memories of a '68 Mini I had which decided more holes were better in an exhaust pipe. It lasted ages (though I used some exhaust bandage too along the way). Lots of trouble-free motoring with the roof down to come I reckon. Great news!