Thread: Roof : Haartz Vinyl or Stayfast?

Roof : Haartz Vinyl or Stayfast?

Hi there!

Ive been looking around for a new top, but don't really know what i want..
    Stayfast or vinyl...
    I would like the vinyl, becouse it looks like the original and i love original stuff!
    The Stayfast really is a nice fabric. but more expensive..
    Our Beat still got the original top.. so it is over 22 years now... Looks awfull, cracked, schrunk and really starting to hate it..
    The Beat will stay for the rest of his life in our warm garage and will only be driven on sunny days. so the roof will not be exposed long on rain and sun. Well.. no rain at all... only a wash up
    Will a vinyl top stay in god shape for 20 years or is a Stayfast top a better way to go..

Maby some pics will help?
    Any prices?

Thanx!

Anybody???

I'd think the vinyl would last a good long time under the conditions you describe.

Past Hondas:
    1960 125cc Honda Benly CB92R
    1964 305cc Super Hawk CB77, the only vehicle I have ever bought new in my life!
    Honda CB160, roadraced as 175cc 1967-1970.
    Honda Lawnmower, bought used in 2003, caught fire and melted in 2005.

Are any of the roof supplied ready to fit , or do they all need rivets and clips drilled etc etc ?

Mine needed holes drilling for the fittings. I also bought a new set of stainless studs and screws otherwise it would have been a case of reuse the old ones, as I had to do with the fittings elsewhere. You'll also need some 5mm pop rivets unless they are supplied.

I need new studs around the hood, including in the boot. Honda's OEM studs are obscenely priced at about £45. Did you find some 3rd party black ones which fitted?

Ta

Bruce