Thread: Here's some insurance I WON'T be taking

Exclamation Here's some insurance I WON'T be taking

From Quoteline Direct. They quoted me £428, then offered me the chance to 'optimise' my quote with their 'interactive broker' I then received this email...

At least I can spread the payments! -Jc.

ps. ended up with Tesco, £378 inc protected ncd

Your Interactive Broker™ quotation

Thank you using the Interactive Broker™ to see whether we can provide you with a cheaper premium or better cover for your car insurance. For your records, these are the details used to produce the quotation. Some details were changed to reflect our advice

Your reference xxxxxx
    Your premium £8410.00
    Vehicle Honda Beat Convertible(GI) (656cc) - 1992
    Policy Comprehensive
    Drivers
    No Claims Discount 6 years

You now need to ring one of my colleagues on the following number to check that you are eligible for this cover and to confirm the premium. They can also confirm the cover if you wish to do so. Quote your reference (xxxxxx) to our operator so that they can find your quotation quickly. When you take out a policy with us you receive our exclusive discount book featuring deals from some of the country's major retailers. Click here for details

0870 44 29 050

Many payment options are available to help spread the cost of your insurance premium over the year

fuuny enuff just sent a snotty letter to Tesco's Today

I've moved 500 metres up the road , my cars now garaged

and they've asked me for an additional 30% increase on my

premium because my postcode's changed by 2 letters

Not a HAPPY BUNNY

I had a quote for £8k+ when I was looking around aswell. I don't think it was Direct though.
    Isn't it strange what happens when we let the machines do the "thinking". How on earth can these insurance companies give quotes ranging from £400 - £8500.
    Oh that's right, It's a legal requirement to take out a policy with an unregulated sector of private buisness.

And I thought that when my mate got a quote of £4150 that they were trying to rip him off....

Bargain obviously after all...

Adrian.