Thread: Looking to buy the factory alloys

Looking to buy the factory alloys

Hi everyone

the restoring of the version Z is going slowly but surely
    I am looking for the factory alloys
    the one that look like the old style telephone dials with the Honda emblem in the middle....does anyone have them and is willing to sell them ?
    or knows were I can get my hands on them...

sincerely

Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas_3055 View Post
    Hi everyone

the restoring of the version Z is going slowly but surely
    I am looking for the factory alloys
    the one that look like the old style telephone dials with the Honda emblem in the middle....does anyone have them and is willing to sell them ?
    or knows were I can get my hands on them...

sincerely

Andreas
    There are always sets available on Yahoo Japan auctions, but you probably wouldn't like to pay shipping costs from Japan.

Past Hondas:
    1960 125cc Honda Benly CB92R
    1964 305cc Super Hawk CB77, the only vehicle I have ever bought new in my life!
    Honda CB160, roadraced as 175cc 1967-1970.
    Honda Lawnmower, bought used in 2003, caught fire and melted in 2005.

thanks Steve

I already had a look and the little devil inside pushed me... I got a set in almost mint condition. I promised myself that I will bring it back to as close to an OEM as possible so no expenses spared.

thanks Steve

I already had a look and the little devil inside pushed me... I got a set in almost mint condition. I promised myself that I will bring it back to as close to an OEM as possible so no expenses spared.
    Great! I like those wheels and did a "halfway" restoration on mine. So you bought it from Japan? How much did the shipping cost, just out of curiousity...

Past Hondas:
    1960 125cc Honda Benly CB92R
    1964 305cc Super Hawk CB77, the only vehicle I have ever bought new in my life!
    Honda CB160, roadraced as 175cc 1967-1970.
    Honda Lawnmower, bought used in 2003, caught fire and melted in 2005.

Before anyone says I am nuts ( which probably I am ) ...let me tell you the whole deal maybe that will ease my position.
    I got the 4 alloys as I said in mint condition plus 4 new tires total including the shipping was 730 euros, but take into account the exchange rate and also that is secured shipping the actual cost of the alloys was 350 euros with new tires.
    As a rule of thumb what ever the cost of the item is...expect the same price for secure shipping.

Ok now for my next crazy purchase...looking for the rubber that goes around the roof and seals were the windows are closing.... rain is coming and I have to be water tight any ideas anyone ?

regards

Andreas

Ok now for my next crazy purchase...looking for the rubber that goes around the roof and seals were the windows are closing.... rain is coming and I have to be water tight any ideas anyone ?
    All 6 rubbers are still available to order. Total cost in the UK would be £432.96.

Part number are:

R/H
    (1) 72381-SS1-003
    (2) 72382-SS1-003
    (3) 72383-SS1-013

L/H
    (4) 72391-SS1-003
    (5) 72392-SS1-003
    (6) 72393-SS1-013

Number in bracket is the item on the picture.

Otherwise a couple of tricks by applying silicon to them to make more flexible and adding foam insulation inside the void to plump them up, so the fit to the glass is tighter.

Also the door glass doe have quite a bit of adjustment to make a better fit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rubbers.JPG 
Views:	236 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	2305  
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

In our experience the problem is not water getting in between the seal and the glass but between the seal and the frame and I cannot figure out how.

wow thanks for the info Steve I am going into research mode again ; ) I will Pm you in the near future for futher details

Sincerely

Andreas

Thanks for the info Lawrence that is worth investigating.....

Quote Originally Posted by LawrenceHarding View Post
    In our experience the problem is not water getting in between the seal and the glass but between the seal and the frame and I cannot figure out how.
    That was exactly the problem I had. Putting some non-hardning sealant behind the seals (in th 'V' channels they clip into) made a big difference.