Thread: Free to a good home

Free to a good home

Genuine offer to any of you guys who wants a project or a pretty much complete Beat for spares. Previously known as Zippy, my Beat was bought on this site in 2004, and was great fun for a year or so before I moved away with work. It was garaged and pretty much left under a canvas since then. At some point a couple of young guys who were keen had a go at starting it etc. I have to say it's looking a bit sad now. I could stick it on eBay and see what happens, but I reckon anyone who is really interested in Beats will look in on this site, and I'd be much happier giving it away to someone who is a fan of these great little cars. I'm in Aberdeen, so it would have to be picked up, and it ain't going to be driven away I'm afraid. I'll try to post some pics, if anyone has any questions please get in touch.

Cheers,

MartyB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	738 
Size:	206.6 KB 
ID:	2381Click image for larger version. 

Views:	735 
Size:	216.2 KB 
ID:	2380Click image for larger version. 

Views:	712 
Size:	222.6 KB 
ID:	2379Click image for larger version. 

Views:	691 
Size:	212.8 KB 
ID:	2382

Very interested

Quote Originally Posted by MartyB59 View Post

Views:	738 
Size:	206.6 KB 
ID:	2381Click image for larger version. 

Views:	735 
Size:	216.2 KB 
ID:	2380Click image for larger version. 

Views:	712 
Size:	222.6 KB 
ID:	2379Click image for larger version. 

Views:	691 
Size:	212.8 KB 
ID:	2382

Hi Marty
    I am very interested in Zippy and I will be in Aberdeen for a family wedding in April so if the offer still stands we could discuss collection next month. These are pretty rare in Aberdeen and I recall an article I the P& J many moons ago featuring a red Beat, it wasn't Zippy was it ?
    Colin

Hi Colin,

That's great news thanks for the reply. No it wasn't zippy in the P&J I'm afraid. The car hasn't been driven since about 2006. It's on a Sorn though so should be no issues with road tax. It's very shabby now and I guess it would take a lot of work and dedication to get it up and running again. On the other hand I guess it's good for spares. The hard top may be worth something. It's a Feels, the back window is missing, I have the rubber seals and I did find a company that thought they could replace it. So yes. If you can pick it up then the offer stands. And I hope you can do something with it. If you want any more info just ask.

Cheers.

Marty

Thanks Marty I must admit the hardtop is a very attractive feature :-)
    I will send you a private message with my contact details so we can discuss collection, Getting quite excited about another Beat joining the family.
    Colin

wow, thats an amazing gesture marty - congrats crguitars
    glad to see its going to a good home, and looking forward to seeing zippy restored.
    nice to see another feels hardtop too - wonder how many other treasures are lurking out there!

Thanks for all the interest guys. Zippy has a new owner and gets picked up tomorrow. Good luck Colin, I'll be looking in on the site and hoping to see some pictures. Cheers. Marty

Views:	661 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	2384Click image for larger version. 

Views:	577 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	2383Click image for larger version. 

Views:	605 
Size:	162.4 KB 
ID:	2385

See ya Zippy!

Hi Zippy, meet Berty :-) Beat twins, thanks for everything Marty :-)

Name:	Berty & Zippy 2.jpg 
Views:	618 
Size:	217.6 KB 
ID:	2387Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Berty & Zippy 1.jpg 
Views:	616 
Size:	219.3 KB 
ID:	2388

Superb! Don't they look cute! Glad to see it go to a fan. Good luck Colin,

Awwww! Let's hope a little red one will be on the way soon.

Past Hondas:
    1960 125cc Honda Benly CB92R
    1964 305cc Super Hawk CB77, the only vehicle I have ever bought new in my life!
    Honda CB160, roadraced as 175cc 1967-1970.
    Honda Lawnmower, bought used in 2003, caught fire and melted in 2005.

they look brilliant together!

Well its been a few years since i have been on here.
    So many years that i now live in Australia. Im gutted to have seen Zippy neglected, but also happy to see him off to a new home.
    This is trully the one car that i wish id never parted with. Apart from anything they are super expensive here in Austalia in comparison to the UK.

Please update us with how zippy is. I miss that little buzz machine.

PS does he still hit the rev limiter? Pretty sure he was knocking 103ish mph with a tail wind.

Long live zippy i say!!!!

Just a quick note to all, zippy now lives again and fired up for the first time Easter weekend. I purchased Zippy last year from Colin and spent a little time working through the issues preventing him from starting. Main problem was a system full of bad fuel and a solid fuel pump. Also a little problem of fuel wash causing loss of compression, cylinder head has been off to check bores and see if there was any bent valves. Got him running and it was not smooth so a few new gaskets and a clean up of the idle control valve and Zippy purrs ( sounds a like a beat again )

Still putting him back together and lots of skin removed from the knuckles as usual will put some photos up when I have tidied him up.
    Beatproducts UK

Great to see Beats being saved well done