Thread: New beat owner :)

Hybrid View

600km in and things are going pretty good!

can't seem to shake the ECU light, nor will it let me read any fault codes, digging through the archives on here and i think the next port of call is to swap out the capacitors. bits have been ordered so i'll whip the ECU out when it's back in my possession

first oil change down and oil quality looked pretty good, i ran a magnet through the oil and wasn't any causes for concern, engine uses absolutely no oil and there's no blue smoke which is a result

had it tracked last week and noticed there was a difference of 2 degrees front castor between left and right, coupled with the fact that the wheel catches the inner arch on one side but not the other means something's not quite right under there, i give it a once over and couldn't see any signs of damage / anything bent. once again when it's back in my possession i'll give it a full going over, hoping it's just a wishbone or something i can unbolt and replace!

it's currently down at my friend's workshop awaiting a rollcage, i should have it back in a few weeks, just my luck the weather has started to turn and i'm now without a convertible for a bit

cage fitted -

harnesses also fitted and removed the ford logo from the seats -

i say fitted, the cage is back out for powdercoating, and i need to fab up some harness mounts. plus the ECU is away for repair as i have a constant check light i can't seem to shake

hopefully only a few days longer before i can start enjoying the sunshine!

cage and ECU are back!

ECU was a proper mess, needed a lot of tracks repairing. ended up taking a few hours but it's back and repaired now

had the cage painted the same colour as the wheels.

ended up buying 2 new harnesses as they don't make that one style any more and couldn't live with odd sets.

all back together, just in time for the MOT to run out this friday haha