Thread: New beat owner :)

Hybrid View

OK, let's try again

was using the car frequently until approx 6 months ago when the head gasket went, took it off the road as i was between moving houses and jobs, and now i'm all settled i figured it was about time to recomission it for the summer

current things that need to be done are -
    Head gasket
    Piston rings
    lambda sensor

Things i've wanted to do for a while -
    Remove AC
    fit coilovers (BC VH series)
    new wheels and tyres (Rays TE37 with nankang NS2R)
    new seats (Motordrive carbon)
    Dye the carpet black
    swap the ebay air filter with something a little better
    remove stereo, 6 disc, sub, speakers etc
    rollcage

so in the garage it went -

Interior out

Engine out

tried to dye the carpet in the washing machine but it didn't take, so i'll have to figure out another method! next stages are to strip the engine down, hone the bores and fit new rings. take the head off for that to be skimmed and rebuilt.

I have man-cave envy.

I expect the carpet has some sort of anti-stain on it, which is why the dye won't take. Wouldn't it be better to use the existing carpet as a template and put in a brand-new carpet?

Also what is up with your rear screen?

Stu
    ! Stuei

might be an option. the carpet is in good condition though so figured dying would be the easier/cheaper option

what you mean about the rear screen?

started with the strip down last night, got the cylinder head off and pistons out. bores deglazed and new rings gapped and back in. old rings were all measuring 1mm+ so definitely worn

ran out of engine things to do whilst i'm awaiting the return of the head so fitted the front suspension/wheels and started taking the air conditioning out. just need to remove the pipes that run under the car and whatever is in the cockpit

The rear screen doesn't seem to have all the outer material and zip - is it an aftermarket one?

Also - if you're taking your air-con off would you be looking to sell the bits off? There are some aircon bits I need (things like the expansion valve).

stuei
    ! Stuei

got a picture of how it should look?

more than welcome to the bits i've taken off, some of it didn't survive like the radiator and some of the hoses! drop me a PM