Thread: Causes for non start after running?

Causes for non start after running?

It's been a good 2 years plus since I last saw a beat let alone work on one and more than 3 since I drove my old one before it got assaulted from behind

Anyway general questions as my memory isn't to good with the beat right now say you have started the car fine ran it then turned off or after a run it doesn't start again am I right in saying on the beat it could be from the following > the rectangular ish ignition amplifier/coil > dizzy or dizzy cap > potentially failing ecu capacitors.

Anything else I have missed at all? Whilst I am ordering parts from Japan may as well get some spares to

Most likely fuel pump relay - tell tale sign if there is no definite click from the relay after IGN ON and engine check light goes out.
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

is it the one by the ecu? civic ones fit don't they?

going by old threads its ignition on hear the relay click ecu light goes out and its primed the pump so good to go but if no click and ecu light goes out then it means relay is faulty
    Last edited by Gavin; 25-06-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Yes by the ECU, other Honda models of similar age do share a similiy wired relay (Mitsuba RZ-0137) There is a Beat specific part number 39400-SS1-003

The symptom is as you describe. When the fault occurs there is no pump priming and No Click.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
    is it the one by the ecu? civic ones fit don't they?

going by old threads its ignition on hear the relay click ecu light goes out and its primed the pump so good to go but if no click and ecu light goes out then it means relay is faulty
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

cheers Steve I am ordering many bits from Japan as a precaution anyway since getting things over here either cost much more or people don't get back to you