Thread: Just Beat it............ A new one

Threaded View

Just Beat it............ A new one

Initially saw this on gumtree and after getting in contact with the owner it was on ebay where someone had won it but hadn't made contact for over a week then when they did show up picking lots of small faults up trying to knock the price down which was already cheap for a Beat imo.

Bit of background history imported 2003, cat c write off in 2011 due to someone in a bigger car opening their door into the little beats rear quarter on the driver side resultant damage about the size of an A5 sheet of paper improperly valued car meant it was written off. So it is very very important you get agreed value for your car insurance wise if possible imo anyway back to the car had the car picked up from Sundbury on Thames Surrey and delivered to Oswestry, Shropshire by my friend Matt who runs Bournemouth 24hr Recoveries.

Had a few hours on it already and just basically took the seats out hoovered everything underneath, hoovered the seats and replaced a few missing screws. From initial impressions I will need 2 new mirrors, a new hood or a good second hand one possibly a new instrument cluster as mine seems to have the sticky rev needle problem, driver side front caliper is sticky so going to upgrade to 240mm civic brakes. Bodywork is so so need to sort the arches out as both sides have a tiny amount starting to come through but that will be a sand down rust treat and paint job, will need a new drivers door as it has rotted through on the bottom somehow and the paint is pretty bad all round looks ok in pics but in person it's bad but I am thinking of wrapping or getting some paint in and doing the whole car myself a different colour.
    Last edited by Gavin; 06-07-2014 at 07:30 PM.