Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Just Beat it............ A new one

Made start taking the engine apart tonight to, tomorrow car off then will see about getting the head off to

This is where play stopped for the night, plenty to do even once the the engine is apart ready for rebuilt head, new cambelt, waterpump, seals etc

Must say the blue works really well with the original silver in the engine bay. Looking forward to seeing the final result

Must agree , loving the blue Gavin. Did the side vents need much prep before painting? Got my faded red ones off and was going to wrap them black but don't fancy stripping the mesh bits off.

Yeah the contrast isn't to bad, as for vents just need to sand them down medium primer satin black once happy leave a day or so then fine sand

Many years ago had white side vents with white steelies for a few weeks. Looking at wet tranfer printing in carbon effect.

So bit more progress driver side rear quarter is as best as it can be without major work needs another 2 coats of paint, passenger side is much better again 2 coats and it should be ok. Rear bumper and under lip got another coat of paint also, the side skirts will get another coat to closer when I refit them, got 2 mint doors off Beardo a few weeks back will spray those off the car over the next few weeks.

Bonnet is so so will make the best with what I have there, windscreen surround and hardtop will get done satin black when it's near enough ready to go back on the road. Interior haven't got to much planned still going to find a mini amp and put it where original HU was and just run mp3 player through that direct to the speakers, but to keep it tidy will try and get an oem centre blank if one comes up. Seats I will keep for now but will eventually get some fixed back or recliners from Japan, I am still going with the 262mm front brake conversion over the next few weeks as well just need to modify the carriers a bit before fitting.

Oh this finally happened.....

Torque mount needs replacing or new bush old ones had it

All ready to go to the garage

Going to be honest all in it was actually an easy job I think from start to finish it only took me and my mate 2hrs to drop the engine out that was subframe and rear arms off the lot. Dropping it off Monday at the garage to get it rebuilt will get the spare head port/polished and skimmed plus a deep clean done on it before it goes back on.

As always there are parts on the way for it, full silicone hose kit, 55mm funnels, customer induction kit to the side vent, clutch kit and aluminium radiator. There are some extras I am looking at probably to do over winter that would be rear anti roll bar kit and braces 100% will get front and rear, with the front having the cross bracing section with master cylinder stopper built in. Unsure if I will go for the under side ones will need to make a proper list up and see if they will be worth the time.

There you go some more waffle for you to read

That looks like an alright job and the bay looks like there is plenty of space when everything is out of there

Can wait to see this all coming back together again with all the new bits!

Cheers! Don't know if I should do the boot lid and bonnet blue like the rest or satin black them? blue spoiler though.

Both turning out to be a pain in the bum to get nice like the rear quarters

Some more updates engine has been stripped did a proper job and bent all 12 valves no piston damage and bottom end is good. Head has been ported and now off the the machine shop to get valves relapped, head skimmed and new valve stem oil seals. Will have the inlet manifold port matched as well plus the itbs clean out when I dropped them off, otherwise redid the boot lid in satin black looks better than I thought it would tbh for some reason every time the blue went down it just reacted despite cleaning it drying it and panel wiping it.

I'll get that finished tomorrow and hopefully make a start on finishing the spoiler to once done its the turn of both rear quarters to be sorted out, then the new doors, bonnet and more coats of paint on the skirts. Can not remember if I mentioned it or not but sorted a full silicone hose kit, dizzy with after market ht leads and 55mm funnels with hindsight I should of got the 75mm ones.

Managed to sort a new clutch release bearing to possibly have a 3 branch manifold on way to see how that pans out, also as you will see below the reason for selling the adjustable shocks and 30mm springs as I managed to sort some coilovers at a good price. Pics not in order and plenty of work in progress

After initially fitting the rears above, below first lowering amount

second lowering amount

Then after the fronts got fitted and much fiddling around roughly got it set

and again that is it for now, I'll do final adjustment tomorrow so ride height is even all round hopefully I'll have the boot lid and spoiler finished over next few days.

Proper nuts came for the wheels so got those fitted, refitted spoiler to see what that was like same with the skirts and side vents. Did a rough job on the bonnet to see where it needed work but overall no reactions so happy, fiddled with the rear coilovers a bit more got height set nicely now I'll do front once I've taken what I need to remove etc etc but final adjustment comes when engine is back in, boot is going blue again since the black did a good job of smooth everything over.

Still rough but it is getting there with it all back together I do love it more now.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast