Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Beat it............ A new one

eyup gav, just been catching up on the forum a b - congrats on all the work, it's looking mega smart. can't wait to see it in the flesh one day

Quote Originally Posted by TADO View Post
    eyup gav, just been catching up on the forum a b - congrats on all the work, it's looking mega smart. can't wait to see it in the flesh one day
    Cheers Mike, it's still rough around the edges but hopefully it should be looking much better over next few weeks as this lot came today

Last edited by Gavin; 09-05-2015 at 08:39 PM.

ECU rom chip kit speed limiter removed standard rev limit kept and a slightly modified map to take into account basic bolt on engine mods like manifold exhaust and funnels, rear bumper lip and a different front bumper to the usual mugen and rs-mach ones although they are both rare in themselves over here.

Hardtop soon to, went with this choice of front bumper as compared to the rest cost was reasonable and it looked decent enough
    Last edited by Gavin; 09-05-2015 at 08:39 PM.

Are the chips expensive Gav? Wouldnt mind fitting one to my ECU when doing the caps..

Any pics of the lip fitted too on other Beats? Unusual to see them for the rear

More work in progress both front bumper and rear lip need wet sanding all over then more paint, both a total pita to fit seem simple but it isn't. RS-Mach hardtop on way eta 1 month

Last edited by Gavin; 09-05-2015 at 08:40 PM.

changes the look of the car and them mirrors look a lot better than the mini ones as well

Will look great with the hard top. I'm looking forward to seeing it.
    I considered a hard top for mine, but kinda defeats the purpose of a convertible car, so I opted to order a new OEM roof instead.

Problem I got with the car over here Bob is no garage to keep it in and when it does rain the seals aren't that great, can get new seals but talking around £220 shipped a new hood is around £250 with getting the velcro straps made up for it plus the rear plastic window isn't good either was going to replace that with mx5 rear glass but to do that and get it mounted properly talking another £60-80.

Can see where you are coming from though but with the plans I have the hardtop is the way to go

The rear plastic can be replaced with glass?
    How can it fold?

That was another issue lol you'd need to unzip then drop which is a pain not something I was totally keen on

That splitter looks great and still subtle

looking good gav! is that the garage 660 bumper? looks smart!
    seeing all these new bits makes me want to order the automac front bumper and a the rsmach r-1 exhaust

mike it's made by a company over there called us racing, yeah I looked at loads of front bumpers and preffered this will go with the final look quite well. We should share a box in new year as I need sideskirts lol

Front bumper and rear lip pretty much done both got sanded done to smooth any imperfections then more paint added and smoothed again

Coolant system all re-bled after re-fitting the coolant pipes new temp gauge is wired in and seems to be working, will strip the interior down tomorrow in preparation for some welding. Got some small bits on way from Japan before hardtop is ready just new bonnet hinges plus front mudflaps don't think I will be importing sideskirts till next year due to the cost of delivery.

Also few plans on the engine tuning side which mean things could be quite good next year
    Last edited by Gavin; 09-05-2015 at 08:41 PM.

Cambelt snapped, so engine conversion happening much sooner than later. Got plenty to do in the mean time this will give me a chance to strip down any unwanted parts from the car, start taking the engine out and other bits that won't need needed with the new engine. Irony is the below was ordered well over a month ago and now is here, will be fitting it regardless give the interior a chance to return to normal.

Did look into an e07z turbo engine but for the cost it was cheaper to go with one of Hondas many other choices.

Last edited by Gavin; 09-05-2015 at 08:41 PM.

Unpackaged properly, mid removal and then hood plus all fittings etc removed.

Side brackets plus rear bracket bar removed the ones the bolts go into for the hood and rear screen, relatively easy job to do. Removed the front hook clip brackets to reuse on the hardtop otherwise managed to fold the rood down ready for packaging up when it goes off to Mikei after Christmas.
    Last edited by Gavin; 09-05-2015 at 08:42 PM.

Mid fitting pretty happy with the quality few adjustments needed but otherwise ok side screws needed help with people pushing down to get holes to line up but otherwise rear ones easy to fit.

Last two show it fitted will need minor fiddling to get perfect otherwise after new engine is sorted in new year sideskirts plus rear spoiler to be added. Spoiler choice critical to get overall look right
    Last edited by Gavin; 09-05-2015 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin View Post

Mid fitting pretty happy with the quality few adjustments needed but otherwise ok side screws needed help with people pushing down to get holes to line up but otherwise rear ones easy to fit.

Last two show it fitted will need minor fiddling to get perfect otherwise after new engine is sorted in new year sideskirts plus rear spoiler to be added. Spoiler choice critical to get overall look right
    Why are you dawdling with the work Gavin? lol
    Looking really good, keep up the good work pal.

More stuff came

Old Hardtop with some bits off

Last edited by Gavin; 09-05-2015 at 08:45 PM.

New hardtop, sideskirts, front wings, plus engine rebuild bits

New hardtop fitted, sidekirts roughly in place

Stupid fast and furious spoiler held in place for a laugh way to big, will go for a standard one or a dc2 one eventually, new wheels on way engine should be fixed over next few weeks may be running again before May, otherwise will concentrate on getting bodywork better this time.

Still got a handful of things to get from Japan when money allows like alloy rad, silicone hose kit, suspension and a properly done ecu. Hopefully with the colour change I have in mind it will look quite decent
    Last edited by Gavin; 09-05-2015 at 08:47 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast