Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Just Beat it............ A new one

Need to make a new list of what's left to do been good working on it again these last few months motivation has come back nicely.

Dang, the colours match up really nicely, I'm glad you went for a colour matched bonnet, and those wheels really make your beat stand out.

Tasty Gavin!

Wow looking great!! Really looking good now.. Is that the height the suspension your selling sits at?

Cheers guys, Paul no these are the coilovers I won the ride height of the lowering springs on car is on one of the previous pages they need to go now since the coilovers are on.

I think my rough list goes something like this for the bodywork

2 more coats of paint on each quarter panel
    2 more coats of paint on the boot lid and spoiler
    1 more coat of paint on each side skirt
    4 coats of paint per door and same on bonnet

Tomorrow morning need to make a start on removing the rest of the aircon system and fit what silicone hoses I can, then provided weather is ok will do as much paint as possible.

Done some more both rear quarters and boot lid now sorted all that had to be done was final smooth wet sand then paint, had to redo spare pass front wing as door dropped the wrong way when it came off, fitted both new doors, vents got cleaned and more paint.

Doors still need final fine wet sand and last bit of paint, mirrors still need to be done, bonnet haven't even had a proper go yet needs plenty of work that. Engine is still be worked on but should be near enough there now, possibly it will be running again by September.

Few more work in progress pics for you in the same old boring angles

Also fitted the front half of the silicone hose kit, rest of aircon system will come out this week otherwise small jobs now hopefully!

Managed to get a bit more time on it today removed the rest of the aircon system so pipes under the car, engine bay, aircon rad plus pipes under the bonnet all gone. Also took the rad off and modified the fan housing slightly so the hoses had a better fit, whilst under the front end had a poke around and it's all solid still thank god lol cleaned up a few flakey areas and treated with kurust then zinc primered.

100% will be getting an alloy rad at some point current one is still just ok but showing age now, future stuff for next year will be adjustable rear control arms then some braces front and rear. Undecided on seats right now still thinking something different on that front.

Pic of the front below, quite empty now need to clean it up tomorrow but I think will do it satin black where I can. Once I figure out how the dash comes out I will take the aircon box thing from behind there out to, I think with the compressor, pipes, rad, space saver wheel plus removing all the soft top mounting frame, soft top itself then fitting the hardtop I've saved around 20kg all in.

The soft top with frame etc was surprisingly heavy when I removed it and the hardtop was much lighter than I thought it be to, getting closer to being on the road again hoping mid September it will all be done.

Engine is all back together now New head was a bit pitted so had to skim a bit more than normal off otherwise valves relapped, new valve stem oil seals, new cam and crank seal plus a small amount of port work with the water pump, tensioners and belt all done to.

Not far off now with only a few things from Japan to come then it can be finished off, will probably drop the engine back in next weekend but hopefully by end of September everything should be done and I can re-mot it then use it from October again.

nice to see my cylinder head put to good use. if all goes well you might make it to kkitp for its maiden voyage

This is how many valves got bent

This is it out the boot and semi built up again ready to go

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456