Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Just Beat it............ A new one

What make is the new Hardtop Gavin? It looks really good!

Doesn't have any marking or plaques but looking at whats available I do believe I managed to blag a Feels one

EDIT - after further investigation I can confirm the hardtop is actually a RS-Mach one it seems like they did this type for a limited time but I can confirm this one is amazingly good
    Last edited by Gavin; 26-02-2015 at 11:05 PM.

More stuff ordered hopefully I may not need to order anything for a while now for myself lol

I'll do a proper update soon but just a list of a few things that are coming which should be it for a while

HKS single exit exhaust system similar to the one I sorted for Mike
    wheels spacers for the Enkei J speeds I got
    Oem Rear spoiler

Got an oem fog light switch to work out how to wire in plus new capacitors for the spare ecu I have here, all rebuild parts are sorted now plus with the weather looking much better now I can start to think about doing paint on certain parts. Hopefully all being well I may be able to use the car mid summer, no rush at the moment to get it done but looks like I may have a Beat to the near exact spec I've always wanted.

What spec J Speeds did you get? Ive a set of 13/14s from my red one

Brilliant Gavin! Must feel like Christmas with all those boxes you're opening.... Roll on summer when you can enjoy all you've done! Now that's a present for sure...

After loosing a big chunk of motivation I sold a few odds and ends off to members on here exchaust to John, ecu and chip to C-rex and a few other things, but got motivation back and got more things.

Enkei J Speeds

Spare head with good valves off Mikei

HKS single exit exhaust system and wheel spacers

Moved the car from the corner of doom now sporting the sacrifice paint wheels

OEM rear spoiler

Then here we are today the view I had before I started working on it

Relocated cig lighter to the correct spot, fitted an oem fog light switch and finally sorted the wiring from the fuel sender to the gauge which now works.

New gauges from Mikei and sorting the wiring as mentioned fixed the fuel gauge issue had to remove hardtop to do the wiring side as I had to lift the engine bay covers but otherwise all in very productive day getting everything binned from inside the car I didn't need sorting the small issues that I didn't sort months back and deciding what colour it's going to be redone.

Looks better but loose the yellow switch and fit a grommet or a fake flashing alarm light etc
    How come you need an engine now I thought the head would be on and you out on the road again

ah the engine was just a thought of getting it back on the rod faster could rebuild mine and sell that on or keep as spare but the looks of it I'll probably just fix mine, never ending money put this haha got a few hundred worth of parts I need to save for already

Some nice bits there Gavin.. Are the J Speeds 13+14" setup?

Ive a set too on my red beat

Last edited by C-Rex; 12-05-2015 at 01:06 AM.

Hi Gavin, glad you are up and running again! Can be a bit of a money pit...... but a trip out with the roof down and who cares? Forgotten! Appreciate all your help. MOT comes round too quick (June) but reckon it's a pass Well it will pass regardless lol. Mechanic mate over in the wk returning my Jazz after warranty work and I told him my Beat needs help to tick over from cold for a short while. Seems the air temp affects it. He identified something or other as the cause. It's always fine then for the rest of the day. Glad he knows how to put it right. I think he said something about a part having a build up and false sensing like it's OK over time so sounds possible. He's always been spot on before. Did you see the C4 programme about 3 wheelers etc last week end? Interesting. They suggested micro cars are the way ahead... Well, we know that here. Cheers John

Quote Originally Posted by C-Rex View Post
    Some nice bits there Gavin.. Are the J Speeds 13+14" setup?
    14s all round will be with 185 55 14s, 15mm spacers should give it some stance

Quote Originally Posted by gymm View Post
    Glad he knows how to put it right. I think he said something about a part having a build up and false sensing like it's OK over time so sounds possible. He's always been spot on before. Did you see the C4 programme about 3 wheelers etc last week end? Interesting. They suggested micro cars are the way ahead... Well, we know that here. Cheers John
    Yeah saw that program, if its sensors you need let me know may have a handful spare got loads of motivation back now.

Well amazing how when you do a small job and it gives you the kick start in motivation that you needed long ago, in this case sorting the stuff in the previous update did the trick.

Anyway pics, ghetto spray booth mode engaged, surprisingly everything came out relatively ok, quite chuffed with the bumpers, wings, skirts and rear lip. Boot and spoiler need bit more work but that's this weekends job, doors are only temp as found a pair of better condition ones which will be sprayed up off car so these will get a quick spray to get it one colour.

Both rear quarters need filler in places to sort dents out but yeah pics

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast