Thread: Dying interior plastics black

Dying interior plastics black

I'll be giving this a go over the next couple of weeks , I'll get some before and after pics etc and do an update as I go along .
    One thing , any thing it need to know about removing the Dash , straight forward or a nightmare ??

ive found this thread

http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthr...rbish-Interior

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes to remove the dash ??

couple of hours should do it easy, try and mark/keep together what fixings go where or take pics.

Weather permitting ill be doing this today .
    Cheers

So between rain visitors and my loosing patience i got this done today , it went fairly well but i could have done a better job due to rushing it in the end .
    i started on the door cards and split them as i only wanted to dye the bottom , which you can see is easily done by removing 8 screws , i also remove the
    center piece around the ash tray and hand brake and started work on these , i used a good detergent to remove any ols silicon cleaning products etc , then
    rubbed in the primer and allowed it to dry for about 30 mins , applying the actual dye is easy , spray it on and rub gently in with a cloth , let dry fully and give a
    second coat . It all kinda went wrong when it started to rain and i was delayed by hours with visitors , so i did the rest of the dash and center console without
    taking them out of the car , application was a bit messy and i applied the second coat too soon , so it started to lift the first coat , hopefully it will all dru ok ,as even now its looks quite well .
    BEFORE

AFTER
    Last edited by beecee; 19-07-2014 at 06:36 PM.

DOOR CARD

Original old Honda Pioneer speaker

Wow - it looks great. Just a subtle colour change but it made a big difference. Now, what was the product that you used? And have you ever tried to dye the steering wheel cover?

Past Hondas:
    1960 125cc Honda Benly CB92R
    1964 305cc Super Hawk CB77, the only vehicle I have ever bought new in my life!
    Honda CB160, roadraced as 175cc 1967-1970.
    Honda Lawnmower, bought used in 2003, caught fire and melted in 2005.

Yeah it does look 100 times better , more modern , as to what i used , i wont even post its name as its not what i wanted to use and i think its going to peel , it was a 2 stage product , primer then dye which turned out to be more of a paint .
    This is what i wanted to use but they wouldn't post to NI and wanted £40 to post it to Dublin .
    http://www.vinyldye.co.uk/All-Vinyl-Dye-Color-Sprays

I will wait and see how mine works out , if im not happy ill strip the interior from the red Beat and start agin , when im better prepared etc .