Thread: gauge problem

Hybrid View

gauge problem - edit see pic last post 23/08

Hey all having problems with temp and fuel gauge, on getting the car rev counter wad sticking but everything else worked took the cluster apart to check for broken solder resistors etc nothing untoward found. Put the lot back together rev counter working again fine looks like a screw wasn't tight enough from prev owner taking the cluster apart but now temp gauge always reads max so does fuel gauge when ignition is turned on checked all fuses non have blown also traced the wires back on the printed membrane nothing broken or loose there.

Bit stumped on this the 3 screws behind each of these gauges are tight been told these pass power only so don't need adjustment they where working prev to this.
    Last edited by Gavin; 23-08-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Did you disturb the earth to the Voltage regulator?
    A true sports car should be designed so that when you sit in it you can put your arm over the side and touch your knuckles on the ground.

Which one is this? May of unsure which it is

I have been looking at the wiring dia, it doesn't seem to show one but gauges usually work off one to keep them reasonably accurate, if they work off car voltage, 12.6 v or about 13.8v when they are running they cannot be accurate with this so they either resist them down to usually 10.5v or put in a voltage regulator.
    A true sports car should be designed so that when you sit in it you can put your arm over the side and touch your knuckles on the ground.

I don't think I've seen one? But this is the back of the cluster only thing I have touched

I can send you the wiring diagrams in english on pdf if you message me your email.