Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Modified Beat Owner

New Modified Beat Owner

Hey everyone

I was reccommended to join here after buying two Beats off Beecee (his silver one and john m's old red one)
    I dont really know how I ended up with them it was a spur of the moment thing but I didnt want to miss out on the chance of owning one (or two) Beats

The silver one came with a nice spec already

HKS Exhaust
    Mitsu funnels
    Mugen bumper with Fogs
    Mugen Suspension
    Sideskirts (unknown brand so far)
    Enkei J Speeds (13 & 14" staggered)

Brian and John put alot of work into their Beats over the years so there is alot of new and reconditioned parts including new Roof, distributor, coil, ECU etc so should hopefully be reliable in my ownership

The red one (Johns old one) is now wearing a badly rusted Back Yard Special Exhaust, ripped roof and needs a back bumper and drivers rear light but its running like a dream so hope to save this too over time..

Immediate plans are to get the Silver one fully tidied up, NCTd (Irish MOT) and then ad a few more bits and maybe bring it to a track day in the new year.
    I fitted 15" TE37s to it yesterday while I get new tires on the J Speeds and then stripped out the interior to clean it all down before refitting

Here are some pics anyway looking forward to getting to know ye on the forum

Paul

When the interior was out I put in a Bride Zeta III seat I think it looks good in there and lets you sit even lower to the road
    Ill see if I will keep that in once I refit the plastics and carpets

I want it back ��

nice to see you making good use of the luggage rack !!! looks a tidy car

You nearly could have today Brian. Spent 3hrs today cleaning up the door cards it was a trying moment so early in the relationship ha ha

Mikei I think that was pushing it to the limit. Is there actually a practical use for the rack? Its pretty small and the recommend 5kg limit wouldnt allow for much either.

Did it all come off Paul , didnt think it would be hassle , ive used the boot rack and had well over 5kg on it with no problems .

cleaning the glue from the doors and door cards is a pita

silver one looks lovely

The main flat areas were fine came off easily in nearly one piece using degreaseing wipes, it was the speaker grills that took ages. I split them then and washed them front and back with warm soapy water and will finish them with plastic cleaner tomorrow
    The rest of the plastics should be a bit easier and will get the same treatment

Thanks Gavin. There is some sealer on the back of the doorcards alright its a nightmare to clean and gets on everything
    Will get pics of the red one when its dry to pull it from under the cover.

bumper and rear light can sort from Japan if you need help on that but Mikei poss be able to help as he got 1.5 beats recently, going to be getting a hard top after new year so anything you need let me know

Id love to get a hard top but they are big money in Japan.

Mugen ones seem easy got but huge money there was a feels one listed today at a somewhat affordable price.

Oooof. Zetas and TE37's in a beat. good work. they glitter back?

what are the tyre sizes?

Yea the Zeta is glitter back with no graduation the beat rails are actually very easy to mount to will do it properly over the weekend with pictures

The te37s are 15x6.5 with a 6mm spacer to clear the front shock
    Tires are 195/50 15 but they are rubbing the arch liner a bit on full lock so gotta try change it around or pull the castor forward a bit.

haha that's a fair old tyre size! could drop to a 195/45?

Not sure who asked about seat rails but this is how i did mine...

Thats very tidy looking what seat are you going for in yours? Are you going ahead with a bike engine swap?
    Ill be mounding the seat to the original sliders to keep it adjustable if it doesnt sit too hing in the car, Im 6ft2 so it could be a little tight

Yesterday I fitted some SSI Factory carbon mirrors and wrapped the intake vents in gloss black vinyl, I wanted to change around the look a little
    Still not 100% on either of them.. What do ye think?

Here is some of the interior cleaning Im doing too.. Stripping back the interior paint Brian put on the plastics, it did look good but is peeling off so decided to do it right and strip out the whole interior and ceal and wash it all down properly before fefitting it all back in

(Those speaker grills were a real pain to do too)
    Last edited by C-Rex; 02-12-2014 at 02:32 AM.

And here is the other Beat, Johns old one, still got to figure out what Ill do with this but it will hopefully get some use again

And yea I know I could just use the interior from this and save myself the tedious cleaning job but I want to try keep them both as tidy as possible so the red one doesnt just turn into a scrapper
    Last edited by C-Rex; 23-10-2014 at 12:44 PM.

just got a sparco in it i had lying around. nothing as fancy as a Zeta III i'm afraid.

yeah, bike engine next year, although currently on daily duties as it's my only working car!

Like the mirrors , don't like the vents .

I had the Zeta there for my CRX I didnt buy it specially for the Beat but think Ill go with more comfortable recliners in that instead as I want to keep that more useable to take on long trips, the Beat will be a car to take out for sunday blasts around twisty country roads.. Id love to get the Beat up for a few daily duties too but want to get the windows sitting right against the roof so a bit of adjustment and need to get the test sorted on it too

Brian: I didnt think youd like the mirrors or even me for that matter but I kinda like the agressive (as a Beat gets anyway) look.. Yea vents will stay for a while but its only a matter of taking off the wrap they are the ones from the red one aswell so can change over and back

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast